Associate Pastor — Corporate Worship Full Time
Abner Creek Baptist ChurchActive
Title: Associate Pastor — Corporate Worship
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Status: Full-Time or Part-Time (Depending on the Candidate’s need)
Abner Creek Baptist Church, located in Greer, South Carolina is seeking to fill a full-time position for an Associate Pastor of Corporate Worship. For information about our church, please visit: www.abnercreekbaptist.org.
The purpose of the Associate Pastor of Corporate Worship is to glorify God by proclaiming the excellencies of Jesus Christ primarily through overseeing the music ministry of the church as well as general pastoral responsibilities.
The purpose of the music ministry of ACBC is to glorify God by proclaiming the excellencies of Jesus Christ through the corporate singing of God-centered and gospel focused songs. As the Associate Pastor of Corporate Worship, the qualified individual will be responsible to oversee and lead a team of volunteers in order to lead others in corporate worship through singing for all worship services.
Primary Music Ministry Responsibilities:
• Oversee corporate worship through singing on Sunday mornings and special services
• Schedule weekly vocalists and instrumentalists
• Lead a weekly practice time with other members of the worship team
• Oversee and lead all members of the worship team
• Develop a system of recruitment/evaluation for all interested in participating on the worship team
• Work with lead pastor to develop a corporate worship policy handbook to define our philosophy of corporate worship and to guide all fundamental parts of the worship ministry
• Oversee music ministries budget
• Oversee the purchase of necessary equipment needed for corporate worship and A/V team
• Select weekly songs from ACBC’s approved song list
• Communicate with the lead pastor on a regular basis for communication and feedback concerning corporate worship elements
• Stay informed on current music methods and songs and utilize where appropriate
• Schedule weekly volunteers to cover sound booth needs (board, lights, slides, video, etc)
• Actively recruit new volunteers to join the audio/visual team
• Provide necessary training for new and existing volunteers for the audio/visual team
• Ensure all audio/visual needs for services are uploaded and prepped for Sunday morning use
• Oversee all A/V equipment including storage, organization, and maintenance
• 1 Timothy 3:1-7
• A heart for the local church, a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, and a passion to use communications to reach others
• Above reproach in all areas of life, meeting the general character qualities that the Bible prescribes for leadership.
• Must be a member in good standing or willing to become a member of ACBC
• Willing to receive direction and leadership
• Especially gifted with music and singing
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Organized and able to manage multiple projects
• Action-oriented and displays focus, passion, and initiative.
• Relates well to all kinds of people, builds effective relationships, communicates effectively both interpersonally and corporately
• Organized and highly productive
• Committed to improvement, seeks constructive criticism, understands strengths and weaknesses.
• Creative mind
• Ability to lead others involved in the ministry
• Ability to recruit and train others
Since this is an associate pastor position, other shepherding responsibilities/oversight will be discussed in the interview process in addition to the primary emphasis of Corporate Worship.
Education and Skills
- Degree from an accredited seminary is preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to use the Bible to guide a new disciple to ongoing spiritual maturity.
Interested candidates should provide the following:
- Resume with at least three (3) Ministerial references.
- Statement of Faith
- If available, video/audio of leading worship (this is not required)
- Email: [email protected]
- Mailing address: Abner Creek Baptist Church, 2461 Abner Creek Road Greer, South Carolina 29651 Attention: Search Committee
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com