Music Director Part Time
Beulah Baptist ChurchActive
Beulah Baptist Church Kingsport, Tennessee is searching for a part time music director.
· A candidate for music director must first and foremost, confess to be a born-again Christian with a personal knowledge of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
· He/She must firmly embrace evangelical theology as expressed in the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
· Plans and coordinates music for all services
· Works with different groups and individuals in preparing special music as needed, such as homecoming or revival services
· Directs choir or choirs and plans and conducts weekly choir practice
· Actively recruits and enlists new choir members
· Selects hymns for preparation of weekly bulletin and for songshow slide presentation by the A.V. team.
· Works with Pastor and other individuals in preparing music for special occasions such as Easter and Christmas cantatas, Baptist Men’s and Women’s day, Senior Adult day, etc. as listed on the church calendar
· Performs required reporting to CCLI
· Serves on Nominating Committee to help select accompanists, song leaders
· Serves on the church council
· Works with accompanists and choir in selection of meaningful and worshipful music
· Schedules piano tuning annually or as needed
Minimum acceptable qualifications
· Must be able to work well with people
· High school or equivalent.
· Knowledge of music
· Knowledge of church administration; including music and budget and process for purchasing
· Uses music that reflects scriptural teaching and sound doctrine in lyrics, message, and meaning
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com