Communication & Ministry Coordinator Full Time
Briarwood Baptist ChurchActive
BRIARWOOD BAPTIST CHURCH
Communications & Ministry Coordinator
- Assist in communication and correspondence for the ministerial staff. Maintain files and records related to all internal communication.
- Develop and manage the church’s communication channels including weekly bulletins, weekly electronic newsletters, sermon podcasts, and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, etc.).
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the website on a weekly basis.
- Communicating with the entire church via email and text messaging when necessary. Also, ensuring that church members are not inundated with electronic messages from the Church and helping to direct pertinent information to specific groups in the Church.
- Basic graphic design as needed, which may include website, event graphics, brochures, posters/flyers, and promotional slides.
- Working with staff in planning, calendaring and communicating ministry events.
- Creating and editing videos.
- Photographing church events.
- Create and implement a Communications Strategy for the church.
- Continue developing social media strategy and looking for new (and other existing) social media sites to support the church’s ministry.
- Alerting pastor to any sensitive issues.
- Attend church staff meetings and keep minutes of the meetings. Assist the Senior Pastor by maintaining a “Staff Assignments” List updated after staff meetings.
- Maintain church worship attendance records as well as attendance records for Sunday morning Life Groups.
- Maintain the church calendar.
- Work with staff and ministry leaders to assign and coordinate classrooms and church facility space and equipment and coordinate with respective committees as needed.
- Help manage prospect (visitors, repeat guests, etc.) follow-up and assist in coordinating outreach assignments (to staff, Sunday School classes and volunteers who assist with outreach).
- Coordinate the assimilation process for new and prospective members including assisting the Senior Pastor and the Welcome Team in planning newcomer fellowships and/or a new member class and other next step strategies. Also, helping the staff to enlist and involve new members and regular attenders in ministry opportunities as appropriate.
- Work with the staff and related committees in the coordination and planning of special events at church as needed (church-sponsored activities only).
- Maintain/process/issue Discipleship Training materials.
- Work with the Personnel Committee in keeping an up-to-date Personnel Manual (regarding staff policies). Help the staff and church by maintaining an up-to-date Operations Manual. Assist the Church Clerk in maintaining a permanent record of Church Conference minutes.
- Have a working knowledge of Ministry Safe and Child Protection Policy.
- Keep the church software program/database updated and assist staff, ministry leaders, and members in using the system.
- Act as the liaison between Women’s/Men’s Ministry Teams and the Staff.
- Keep accurate/updated committee descriptions and work with the Nominating Committee to make new committee members aware of their roles/duties.
- Enlist and train front desk volunteers, ensuring that the practice of confidentiality is understood and maintained.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Has a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and evidence of living a Spirit-filled life.
- Promotes a positive, ministry-minded, and healthy environment as a team player specifically with pastor and staff as well as church leaders, members, guests, and the community at large.
- Has a servant attitude and desires to serve the Lord through the local church.
- People-oriented: relates well with all people in attitude and appearance.
- Must be able to plan, organize, and handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently with the ability to give attention to detail and accuracy while maintaining a professional, courteous manner.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and positively influence others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency.
- High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information.
- Knowledge of the church’s by-laws, policies, procedures, and general church practices.
- Possess the skills necessary to perform the functions of the job and the capacity to learn additional skills which the job may require
- Bachelor’s in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or some related field
- Minimum 2 years’ related work experience (For Example: Marketing or Social Media Intern; Local Church intern; etc. Part-Time work counts as experience)
- Knowledge & experience in using Adobe Cloud Programs, Canva, Microsoft Word, iMovie, etc.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm (40 hours a week)
- Salary & Benefits
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Insurance Stipend
Any Questions? Call: 706-769-7660
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org