Campus Ministry Assistant Full Time
Campus Ministry Assistant
Brookstone Church – South Campus
Full Time – 40hrs/ week
Focus of Position
This position serves as the first point of contact for Brookstone Church South Campus and will provide administrative support across the organization. As the Campus Ministry Assistant they will handle the flow of people through the church and ensure that all administration tasks are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
- Serve as the primary assistant to the campus pastor.
- Assist other pastors that serve at your particular campus as directed by the campus pastor.
- Be a warm, inviting and efficient first impression to office visitors.
- Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately.
- Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed. Check the
- answering machine daily and route any messages to appropriate staff.
- Check email and respond appropriately.
- Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers.
- Place calls for pick-up by Fed Ex or UPS as needed.
- Maintain security by following procedures and controlling access.
- Organize schedules and oversee long range plans for assigned ministry areas.
- Contact and/or book venues or speakers and possibly coordinate travel arrangements ifnecessary.
- Update appointment calendars, book rooms and resources, and schedule meetings andappointments.
- Perform other clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, collating, binding, faxing,assisting with mailings, etc.
- Prepare coffee service for office staff and guests as needed.
- Restock coffee supplies as needed.
- Maintain an office supply ordering list and order office.
- Place phone calls for support issues with copiers, phones, etc…
- Maintain an organized and welcoming office area.
- Manage guest services team.
- Scheduling team to serve on Sundays/special events.
- Recruiting new members to the guest service team
- Communicating to team the needs for Sundays/ Special events
- Prepare for the Engage membership event each month.
- Gathering/Printing all material needed for Engage.
- Responsible for entering membership data into appropriate system.
Setting up and maintaining hospitality area for Sundays (includes coffee station,information table, and new guest gifts).
- Manage and file expense reports.
Pastoral-Care Related Responsibilities
- Post and update any campus-specific prayer requests that need to be entered into the Pathways in Realm and update weekly prayer newsletter.
- Keep the Campus Pastor informed of any updates to medical needs or conditions withinthe campus congregation and those in the hospital.
- Order flowers when necessary for illnesses, births, and funerals.
- Maintain a weekly list of all pastoral care visits/interventions. These visits/interventionsshould be tracked in some fashion (Realm, Word, Excel, etc…)
- Assist in arranging meals when needed following illnesses, births, and funerals orcommunicate with LifeGroups who are taking care of this need.
- Properly execute campus-specific guest follow up system.
- Attend Staff-Wide meetings and Ministry Assistant meetings as required.
- Take copious notes in meetings and assign those tasks to make sure that those thingslisted or brought up are accomplished.
- Prepare for assigned events to include purchasing of supplies, set up and break down ofscheduled events the assistant is responsible for. Assistant should be in attendance toassist with all events offered by their assigned ministry area.
- Proven working experience in similar roles.
- Team player that enjoys both special project tasks and ongoing daily tasks.
- Proficient with GoogleDocs and GoogleSheets.
- Proficiency or the ability to learn additional software: Asana, Planning Center, Realm.
- Professional appearance and welcoming demeanor/attitude.
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal. Proofreading skills are a plus.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise.
- Proficient with all social media to help promote/update church events.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure.
- High school degree or higher educational background.
- Sensitive to confidential information and trustworthy with sensitive information.
- Has a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and evidence of living a Spirit-filled life.
- Regular and reliable attendance to Brookstone.
- Promotes a positive, ministry-minded, and healthy environment as a team playerspecifically with pastor and staff as well as church leaders, members, guests, and thecommunity at large.
- Has a servant attitude and desires to serve the Lord through the local church.
- People-oriented: relates well with all people in attitude and appearance.
- Must be able to plan, organize, and handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively andefficiently with the ability to give attention to detail and accuracy while maintaining aprofessional, courteous manner.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and positively influence others, includinghandling confrontations with poise and efficiency.
- High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information.
- Knowledge of the church’s by-laws, policies, procedures, and general church practices.
- Possess the skills necessary to perform the functions of the job and the capacity to learnadditional skills which the job may require.
- Maintain a vital and growing relationship with the Lord through consistent time in theWord and prayer.
- Commit to Evangelism Explosion training.
- Strive to maintain and protect biblical priorities in the home.
- Model the practice of wise stewardship.
- Seek to maintain accountability through participation in a relational environment.
- Personal Worship attendance at service.
The Campus Ministry Assistant reports to the South Campus Pastor, Executive Pastor, and Senior Pastor.
The Campus Ministry Assistant will oversee a team of volunteers that serve in Guest Services and Hospitality.
A competitive salary wage commensurate with experience will be provided.
Full-time; Monday-Thursday (9am-5pm) and Sundays (6:45am-1:30pm)
To apply for this job please visit www.brookstonechurch.org.
Looking for a job with a Southern Baptist church?
Enter your information to be notified as new jobs are posted.