NextGen Pastor Full Time
Calhoun First Baptist ChurchActive
Calhoun First Baptist Church
Calhoun First Baptist Church has a passion to see to it that no one misses the grace of God. Life change happens through a relationship with Jesus Christ. We are searching for a NextGen Pastor who will provide leadership and management to Preschool, Children’s and Student Ministry Teams and the people to whom they minister, providing them with the best opportunity to become fully mature followers of Christ (Col. 1:28).
· Teach, guide, and direct children, from birth through high school, about the most important thing in their lives – the love of Jesus.
· Develop and implement a holistic family discipleship strategy for preschoolers, children, students and parents/guardians.
· Recruit, train and multiply volunteer leaders.
· Work with Calhoun First Baptist leadership team to formulate and oversee the NextGen strategy and budget.
· Provide discipleship resources for (children) and (high school and middle school) ministries.
· Provide pastoral care, including hospital visits, meetings and other ministry opportunities when called upon to do so by the pastor.
· Intentionally cultivate a deeper personal faith and seeking opportunities for soul care.
· Reach out to unchurched youth in the community, engage them with the gospel, and involve them in the work of the church.
· Participate in general pastoral duties as needed (preaching, weddings, funerals, counseling, etc.).
· Establish a long-term vision for how the church engages children and youth.
· Lead efforts to minister to the parenting needs of the church body.
· Regularly report to the church’s Leadership Team about ministry-related updates.
· Oversee all summer activities the church’s youth participate in.
· Regularly lead the youth in short-term missions experiences.
· Work with other church leaders to find ministry opportunities for children and youth in the broader church family.
· Review all curriculum used by the church’s children’s ministry and ensure it is consistent with the church’s core values and beliefs
· Participate in all staff meetings and retreats.
· Bachelor’s degree. Master of Divinity degree preferred
· A minimum of 3 years of experience providing pastoral ministry to children, youth and families
· Godly character and a Christ-Centered life
· A clear calling to work with preschoolers, children, students and their families
· An understanding of relational ministry
· Creativity and innovative thinking about ministering to the next generation
· Understanding of and willingness to serve within the framework of The Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
· Flexible and organized with a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
The NextGen Pastor will be teachable and have a strong commitment to self and staff development. Viable candidates must give evidence of the ability to lead and appropriately hold accountable individuals, groups and teams that produce measurable results against the predetermined goals and objectives. A participative, collaborative, team-oriented culture is the desire of the church, and this leader must be characterized by these same values.
While seminary degrees and ordination are preferred rather than specific requirements, a well-established theological construct, ecclesiology, and an in-depth knowledge of scripture is necessary for the wisdom and biblically-based, decision-making demands of this position. Leading candidates will possess a biblical theology that is consistent with that of the Pastor.
This position is a full-time position. The salary and benefits package will be determined and recommended to the church at a later date depending upon the needs of the candidate being considered.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com