Minister of Music Full Time
Calvary Baptist Church Roanoke Rapids, NCActive
Minister of Music: Calvary Baptist Church Roanoke Rapids, NC
Job Description: Calvary Baptist Church is seeking God’s leadership as we search for our next Minister of Music. Calvary Baptist Church is located in Roanoke Rapids, NC. Our desire is that corporate praise fuels the mission of the church. Our current musical style is a blend of traditional hymns and modern worship songs. If you feel God’s leading and believe your gifts are in line with our needs, please email your resume or any other relevant information to [email protected].
Principal Function: This full-time position is responsible for developing, assisting, and leading all programs of the church related to congregational worship. This role is responsible for providing leadership in the planning, conducting, and evaluating of a comprehensive worship ministry at Calvary Baptist Church. This position also serves in a pastoral role and requires the person to function as a shepherd to the congregation and the care of their souls.
- Praise: Lead the music teams regularly and assist in other areas according to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Shepherd the musicians, choirs, and production and equip them for service through teaching, modeling, and meeting/practice.
- Oversee and assist as needed with the children’s choir and student praise team ministries.
- Responsible for running effective rehearsals that prepare volunteers in their various roles and provide training that will enhance their skills when needed – must prepare all materials and coordinate all activities that are required for effective rehearsals.
- Recruit, train, lead, and develop volunteers for musical talents both vocal and instrumental.
- Lead audio and visual team – must have working knowledge of sound systems and digital media.
- Work with senior pastor to plan worship gatherings; Selecting, preparing, and organizing all music for congregational services.
- Meet regularly with Staff Ministry Team to coordinate long-term goals and vision of the church and self.
- Equally comfortable with both traditional and contemporary music.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Must be a mature, committed Christian dedicated to facilitating spiritual growth and maturity in self and others.
- Must be a skilled musician and vocalist with a music degree or 3+ years leading worship.
- Lead worship services, praise teams, ensembles, and sanctuary choir.
- Must be creative, a self-starter, energetic, engaging, and have a passion for music and the Lord.
- Must have good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills and a cooperative spirit.
- Must be skilled in the use and understanding of technology used in worship including sound, lighting, computers, presentation software, and video projection.
- Must be proficient in presentation software such as Pro Presenter as well as other types of software programs such as Excel and Word (or Mac equivalents).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org