Student Pastor Full Time
Cornerstone Baptist ChurchActive
OVERVIEW: The Minister of Students is responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive program for youth/student education, special youth projects, assignments, and events. Consult with other staff and program leaders concerning activities in their areas when youth are involved.
• Counsel with church leaders in planning, implementing, and evaluating a student (6th-12th grade) education ministry and in enlisting appropriate workers.
• Conduct special training projects for student workers.
• Advise in the use of program materials, equipment, supplies and space by youth group in all church program organizations.
• Plan and direct special youth projects, to include but not be limited to, fellowships, retreats, mission trips and camps.
• Coordinate and direct youth outreach programs.
• Develop a vision for the student ministry and propose a budget for the continued development and improvement of all aspects of this ministry. Appropriately administer approved budgeted funds.
• Coordinate with appropriate teams to implement policies and procedures for the safety and security of students.
• Serve as a member of the Church Council representing the student ministry.
• Counsel students and parents as needed.
• Conduct and/or organize weekly student Bible studies.
• Develop relationships with local school officials and be available to speak and/or visit in the schools. Engage school administration, faculty, and staff to build and foster relationships with public and private schools in the area, as well as students and parents attending area schools
• Remain informed of current trends in youth education and culture.
• Be alert to win the lost and assist workers and youth in reaching the “unreached.”
• Assist the Nominating Team in selecting and enlisting qualified leaders and teachers.
• Utilize youth talent in other church ministries as appropriate.
• Participate in church business meetings as directed by the bylaws.
• Attend associational activities and functions as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience can be substituted for the minimum qualifications)
• Education/Experience Level: A college degree is strongly encouraged. Experience in youth Leadership or Ministry is required. Training or experience in spiritual, emotional, physical and cognitive development of youth.
• Key Skills: Familiarity with and experience in leading a variety and types of youth programs. Ability to plan, organize, train and supervise youth program and event leaders. Ability to provide Christian counseling to both parents and youth.
• Personal Characteristics: Godliness, integrity, humility, empathy, disciple-making, people-oriented. Consistent with Ephesians 4:11-16 – build, train, encourage and invest in the next generation through exceptional volunteer ministry teams.
• Certifications/Licenses: Youth Ministry Certificate. Valid Florida Drivers License and an acceptable driving record.
• Physical Abilities: N/A
• Theological/Spiritual: Above reproach. Shall have the scriptural qualifications as outlined in Titus 1:6-9, 1 Timothy 3:1-7, 1 Peter 5:1-4. Adheres to the doctrines contained in The Baptist Faith and Message (2000).
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: After an offer of employment has been made the successful candidate must submit to and pass a drug test and a background check.
BENEFITS: Paid Time Off (PTO), Holidays, Medical Stipend
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org