Pastor of Student Ministries and Covenant Sports Full Time
Pastor of Student Ministries and Covenant Sports
Position: Pastor of Student Ministries
Reports To: Executive Pastor
Areas of Responsibility: Student Ministries
Position Classification: Salaried Full-Time employee
The Pastor of Student Ministries will be responsible for the church’s comprehensive ministry to students (Junior/Senior High/College) and their parents. This Pastor will provide oversight to the planning and execution of the church’s ministry plan which emphasizes the gospel’s connection to lost students, the spiritual growth of those reached and the shepherding required in caring and protecting them in partnership with their parents. More specifically, the position requires the recruiting, training and supervising of effective lay leadership teams in addition to being the primary voice of the ministry to the students.
· Support the vision and values of Covenant Church.
· Support and pray for the pastors of Covenant Church.
· Make every effort to build the ministry of Covenant Church
· Be a sacrificial giver to Covenant Church
· Build the teams in the Student Ministries.
· To have a consistent, growing, vibrant devotional life
· To possess a love for students and a love for student ministry
· To have strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills
· To possess and utilize effective teaching skills
· To possess the ability to preach and teach the Word of God to students effectively
· To be evangelistic in ministry approach – a zeal to see students saved
· To be relationship and team-oriented with experience in building effective teams and identifying competent leaders
· To possess a demonstrated commitment to excellence
· To be comfortable with multi-tasking and priority management
· To live a life of integrity which flows from Gospel transformation
· To willingly come under leadership and work well with a team
· To be a continual learner and consummate reader
· To understand and enthusiastically connect the vision of Covenant to the unique and changing culture of students
· To prayerfully recruit, train, and mobilize people to pursue the vision of Covenant
· To have a working knowledge of the technology requirements of the position and ministry (i.e. Planning Center Online)
· To fully understand how to engage and connect with students through appropriate mediums including technology (i.e., social media)
Principle Job Duties:
1. Serve as the primary face and voice of the ministry to students and parents (primary representative to all and main weekly teacher in student settings).
2. Plan sermons, games and worship flow for weekly connection with students.
3. Plan the ministry motivations, schedule regular weekly / monthly / annual special activities and the resource requirements of the student ministry for all campuses.
4. Enhance the attraction of the student ministry to potential new students in the worship style and offerings, leaders’ loving approach and care and the creativity of the events planned.
5. Seamlessly connect the student ministry to the overall vision and strategy of the church especially in community outreach.
6. Overcome the unique challenge of creating community among students who don’t attend the same schools.
7. Create relationship with parents that allows for the ministry to learn from them and at the same time assures them of our care and protection of their children.
8. Lead Leaders – Recruit, develop and engage a solid, effective and consistently available lay team (including students and adults) to perform the work of the ministry (Eph 4)
9. Plan and execute major ministry events and efforts (i.e., Camps and Mission Trips)
10. Promote and encourage the engagement with students in appropriate ways outside of the regular church service schedule
11. Serve as the team lead for Covenant Sports and working with Sports Administrator.
12. Serve on primary preaching/teaching team, (8-10 sermons per year).
13. Serve as staff pastor to the Home School network.
14. Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com