Crossroads Christian Academy Director of K-12 Full Time
Crossroads Church of DunwwodyActive
Directs and leads the overall curricular and co-curricular programs of the K-12 Academy; assuring that all aspects of the programs and activities support the mission of the schools. Models a servant’s heart and promotes an attitude of respect, teamwork, and professionalism. Supports the CCA staff, CCA parents, and students, and reports regularly to the CCA Board of Directors.
- Profess a personal faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- Maintain a positive Christian testimony
- Be involved in a local church of faith
- Agree with and adhere to the principles and theology of Crossroads Church of Dunwoody
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to meet people comfortably and engage in substantive conversation
- Must be able to work diligently and independently and make judgments with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle financial matters with integrity and with concern for confidentiality
- Manage the daily operations of CCA.
- Recruit new staff members.
- Recruit, interview, and recommend for admission those students/parents who meet the academic, spiritual, and social standards of the school.
- Handles discipline referrals, takes action, contacts parents, and documents incidents
- Keep parents informed about student progress in cooperation with staff and other administrative team members.
- Makes sure teachers are communicating with parents consistently.
- Creates and maintains a sense of community within the K-12 Academy, specifically and within the context of the entire school globally
- Is a visible leader at programs, events, arrival, and dismissal
- Develop schedules for staff members.
- Assist in providing a yearly budget to the board for approval before each school year.
- Manage and oversee day-to-day revenue and expenditures
- Notify the board of any budget discrepancies, shortfalls, or additional funding needed.
- Develop yearly school calendars and schedules.
- Audit and update personnel and enrollment files as needed.
- Conduct formal and informal observations to evaluate teaching staff.
- Ensure goals and strategies laid out by the CCA Board of directors are implemented.
- Review and edit staff and family handbooks at least annually.
- Create and implement new policies to improve on or update legacy policy that needs to be created or updated.
- Responsible for managing the collection of payments to the school and reporting to the board of any deficiencies in family payments.
- Ensure classes have qualified teachers including substitutes when needed.
- Ensure proper state and county registration reporting is completed to each school district where CCA students live.
- Ensure all students are following CCA Family Handbook policies to include all state and county laws on attendance, reporting, and tardiness.
- Work with students, teachers, and parents on progressive discipline as per the CCA Family Handbook.
- Assist teachers with student disciplinary issues including working with parents in severe cases.
- Manage Admissions Panel for all new students.
- Work with teachers on yearly curriculum.
- Manage staff in accordance with the school’s strategic plan and policies, encouraging a true partnering in these efforts.
- Manage front office CCA staff to ensure proper administration of the CCA office, financial payments, student and parent communications, ordering of supplies, and all other areas front office administration is responsible for.
- Negotiate and work with vendors to ensure out-sourced programs are being implemented and ran in accordance with CCA’s policies and direction.
Good Skills to Have But Not Required:
- IP network experience
- MAP Testing setup and implementation
- LUOA and Ignatia setup and implementation
- ClassDoJo setup and implementation
- Web Content Filter experience
- Basic computer understanding and the ability to address daily issues
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
- 3 to 5 years experience in Leadership and Management
- Must be a critical thinker and able to assess problems quickly and put plans of action into place
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a job with a Southern Baptist church?
Enter your information to be notified as new jobs are posted.