Youth Pastor Full Time
Job Description – Youth Pastor
This staff leader will support the vision of the church by serving as a ministry staff member, focused on leading and overseeing the Youth Ministry of Crossroads Church. This includes developing and directing outreach and evangelism, pastoral care, and other ministries to Crossroads youth and their families. CrossRoads is driven by a commitment to make growing disciples of Christ fully engaged in Worship, LifeGroups, Ministry, and Missions with a commitment to a strong Family Ministry focus; all staff must actively exhibit and promote such engagement.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan an annual calendar to equip and engage youth in worship, discipleship, ministry, and mission.
- Build teams of volunteers in every area of responsibility in order to carry out duties of the ministry for the youth (grades 6-12) at and around Crossroads.
- Communication to all volunteer leaders the core values, operating agreements, and ministry philosophy within the Youth Ministry.
- Lead and administrate the leadership of Sunday school and Wednesday night activities with consistent discipleship and evangelistic-oriented emphases that are age-appropriate, fun, and engaging.
- Direct the coordination of programming between the Youth Ministry and all CrossRoads Ministries.
- Leadership Development – recruit, manage, train, and retain volunteer staff in the Youth Ministry
- Plan and lead regular monthly and quarterly staff meetings of volunteers and family orientations to the Youth
- Ministry; communicate and execute ministry objectives and plans.
- Manage an operating budget and financial resources for the Youth Ministry.
- Advance Family Ministry Initiatives to engage and equip parents as primary faith trainers. Maintain, upgrade, and manage audio/visual systems and needs in Youth Ministry areas. Staying up with current technology is very important to CrossRoads.
- Focus on the importance of Salvation and Baptism of Youth coming to faith in Jesus Christ.
- Directing discipleship emphases in sync with the Levels of Biblical Learning (LifeWay), and maintain curriculum and dates with children’s and adult ministries on Sundays and Wednesdays.
- Directing, planning, and executing special events, VBS, Summer Camps, Super Summer or similar retreats, conferences like Youth Ministry Lab, Conclave, Orange Tour, etc., and Fall Festival).
- Lead and/or coordinate worship teams for Youth large group sessions as they are required.
- Uphold all policies and procedures of Crossroads Church, especially regarding the Youth Ministry.
- Lead interns involved with the Youth Ministry in discipleship, training, and ministry leadership.
Job Requirements and Personal Qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with a graduate-level seminary training preferred from an accredited and approved Baptist institution. Must be open to continued education.
Experience: Must be proven in ministry and in leading effective ministry to youth and their families.
Computer skills: Must exhibit a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Excel Publisher and PowerPoint.
Other: Organizational/administrative skills, event planning skills, technical/ AV Media skills, Interpersonal/ relational skills and personable attitude and demeanor; must continually cultivate and maintain positive relationships with staff and volunteers; must possess communication skills, vision casting skills; must have creative approach to event planning; team-player attitude a must.
Personal Qualifications for Staff Member and Spouse:
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ with consistent evidence of fruit in personal life.
- Support The Baptist Faith and Message, 2000 (https://bfm.sbc.net/bfm2000/)
- Motivated to serve God in ministry.
- Ability to consistently use good judgment and wisdom.
- Be regularly involved in the life of Crossroads Church in worship, a Bible class or LifeGroup, its ministries, and missions.
Pastoral staff may be required to supervise other leaders related to their ministries.
In addition to adhering to the Staff Handbook, this and other Leadership Staff positions are expected to be able to regularly:
- Demonstrate humility and staff chemistry, follows and uphold policies and procedures.
- Exhibit drive to serve, grow primarily in Youth Ministry; has “first in, last out” mentality.
- Demonstrate people skills, friendliness, and strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Show strong organizational and leadership skills; able to effectively motivate and train leaders and communicate with and empower youth to serve at their best.
- Demonstrate skills and techniques to recognize problems, issues and situations, and apply resourcefulness in finding appropriate solutions to mitigate potential negative effects.
- Demonstrate an aptitude to grow in your area of expertise, receive training, and respond positively to correction and constructive criticism from Executive Level staff and elders.
- Show the ability to follow-through to ensure effective resolution.
- Prove ability to interact in a consistently positive manner with external clientele, including applicants, volunteers, vendors, visitors and guests, using a high degree of tact, diplomacy, discretion, flexibility, respect and courtesy in gesture and speech.
- Demonstrate the ability to make decisions based on the vision and values of Crossroads Church.
- Show and build experience in conflict resolution based on biblical principles.
- Demonstrate computer skills, including proficiency in databases and Windows and Mac-based software.
- Adapt to changes in the work environment; show the ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events with poise and professionalism.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; quickly respond to requests for service and work well in group problem-solving situations; must be a strong team player who meets commitments.
- Ability to work in a high-volume environment while maintaining productivity and work quality.
- Self-motivated and flexible with strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with timelines and short deadlines.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com