Pastor Full Time
Elam Egypt Baptist ChurchActive
The Pastor is responsible to the church to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, to teach biblical revelation, to engage in pastoral care ministries and to provide administrative leadership in all areas of church life. He should be a duly ordained Baptist minister of good report whose life and character correspond with scriptural standards as set forth in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:7-9. He should encourage, nurture, and model devotion to prayer
- Plan and conduct worship services; prepare and deliver sermons; lead in observance of ordinances.
- In cooperation with the deacon body, arrange for all speakers and special meetings and, in his absence, be responsible for pulpit speakers.
- Lead the church in an effective program of witnessing and in a caring ministry for persons in the church and community. Work toward discipling all of God’s people for the work of the ministry. Fully involve the church in carrying out the Great Commission.
- Conduct counseling sessions; conduct funerals and perform wedding ceremonies between one man and one woman only
- Visit members and prospects.
- Serve as Chairman of the Church Council to lead in planning, organizing, directing coordinating and evaluating the church ministries.
- Work with deacons, trustees, church officers and committees as they perform their assigned responsibilities; train and lead deacons in their ministry.
- Act as moderator of church business meetings.
- Cooperate with association, state, and denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern; keep the church informed of denominational development; represent the church in civic matters.
- Salary and benefits to be determined based on education and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to PastorSearchEEBC@gmail.com