Associate Pastor – Youth & Recreation Ministry Full Time
Title: Associate Pastor – Youth & Recreation Ministry
Status: Full-time Reports to: Senior Pastor
Supervises: Volunteers (Sunday School & Wednesday Study Leaders)
Responsibility: Oversee and Lead Youth and Recreation Ministries
Education/Experience: Ministry Degree Preferred – Youth, Pastoral, Recreational Minimum 2 years experience, SBC affiliation preferred.
While the pandemic slowed us all down for a time, our ministry is poised to push forward The Gospel message. With this (and other) newly created positions, we are realigning our staff and responsibilities to meet the need. While it would be impossible to share everything you might want to know about this position, we will do our best to share a wide breadth of information.
This will be a newly created position that encompasses traditional Youth Ministry with a secondary focus on developing a recreation ministry that will put our high quality Life Center to good use. This could include relaunching the Upward Basketball ministry, developing fitness groups, sports teams or afterschool activities. We believe you will have easy inroads to reach students in our schools since we have coaches and teachers and administrators serving in our ministry. You’ll have a seasoned team of volunteers in place who currently lead and teach in the Sunday School breakout groups and Wednesday evening studies.
FBC Fairfield is located in a rural community approx 1 hour south of Dallas (on the I45). With a low cost of living and highly rated schools we are a desirable community for those looking to escape the city and enjoy a better quality of life. We prefer candidates who are willing and able to relocate to and make their home in Fairfield, Texas.
Some of the Duties include:
· Soul winning (and discipleship) through the tools of youth and recreation ministries
· planning and executing youth studies and activities – Wed PM, Sun AM, Sun PM fellowships in the summer, Youth Camp and Mission Trips
· attending meetings as scheduled – Staff, Planning, Pastoral
· selecting study materials for approval, and conduct volunteer leader training and support
· assisting with campus events which can include funeral/memorial services, weddings, community events in collaboration with other staff
· regular and reliable communication between all ministry areas
· preparing and submitting requests for annual Youth & Recreation Ministries Budget and overseeing budget once approved
· upkeep of Youth & Recreation areas and equipment inventories to ensure everything is in good working order and well kept (this does not mean janitorial, just ensuring the facilities and equipment are taken care of)
· cast a clear vision for Youth and Recreation Ministries that advance the larger vision and mission of FBC.
· humility and a sincere call to serve Christ’s church
· spiritual and relational warmth, as well as a genuine love for students
· a keen and intuitive understanding of the dynamics of congregational and community life
· a passion for reaching the lost, especially students, for Christ
· value the need for wholesome recreational activities within the community and provide innovative solutions to meet this need
· integrate a variety of teaching elements and topics that helps others grow spiritually, while maintaining sound theological doctrine
· inspire and teach your team of volunteers to pursue excellence in their teaching and relationships with students and others
· draw other talented members into ministry service and empowers others to lead and create within their abilities
· flexibility and adaptability to change
· be a team player, with capacity to work cooperatively with gifted and competent colleagues toward a common goal
· good decision-making abilities, able to make the tough call, while maintaining healthy relationships with peers as well as those being supervised
· commitment to protect confidential information and establish and maintain proper boundaries with youth.
Spiritual: Have a mature, yet still growing, relationship with Jesus Christ. Meet the qualifications of a pastor and possess a calling from God (with the gifts and talents necessary) to lead the Youth and Recreation ministry. Embrace the SBC – BF&M 2000. Staff members are expected to be involved in an intentional relationship with the Pastor for the purpose of spiritual growth and making disciples of Christ, they are expected to be regular church attendees and to support their church financially.
We Offer: Salary and benefits that will be commensurate with experience and education. Retirement savings and a variety of insurances are available through Southern Baptist Convention. Use of parsonage may be negotiated, if preferable. Vacation and personal time is available and earned based on time of service. For families with small children, Parents Day Out may also be available as a benefit.
To Apply: No phone calls please! Send required documentation (as listed below) via Email to: [email protected] by a deadline of: January 1st
-Letter of interest/introduction -Resume -List of References
-Links to teaching/preaching videos if available
-Salary Expectations -Links to webpages, social media, etc.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org