Ministry Coordinator – Parents Day Out & Nursery Part Time
Title: Ministry Coordinator – Parents Day Out & Nursery
Status: FT – PT – Seasonal
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Supervises: Volunteer Nursery Workers – Sundays and Wednesdays. Plus a team of Professional Pre-School Teachers (approx. 15 staff)
Responsibility: Oversee and lead Nursery and Parents Day Out
Education/Experience: Early Childhood Degree preferred Minimum 2 years Child Care Management experience. SBC affiliation Preferred.
While it would be impossible to share everything you might want to know about this position, we will do our best to share a wide breadth of information. This particular vacancy is due to the retirement of a long time staff member who will remain active in the church and we are hoping to place a candidate soon so that our new leader will have an opportunity to work through a transition period with the outgoing coordinator. The “status” might be confusing but it best summarizes this position’s work flow. Since PDO and our Wednesday evening ministries only meet September through May, this position’s responsibilities and work hours reduce significantly during the summer. FBC Fairfield is located in a rural community approx 1 hour south of Dallas (on the I45).
With a low cost of living and highly rated schools we are a desirable community for those looking to escape the city and enjoy a better quality of life. We prefer candidates who are willing to relocate to, and make their home in, Fairfield, Texas.
The Nursery and Parents Day Out Ministries are housed in the newest part of our wonderful debt free campus. Though not a state regulated program, we work to keep our facilities and program well above the minimum state child care expectations.
Some of the Duties include:
· Soul winning (and discipleship) through the tools of the Nursery and Parents Day Out ministries
· Attending meetings as scheduled – Staff, Planning, Pastoral
· Enlist, train, develop and manage volunteer teachers for church nursery (Sundays, Wednesdays evenings and special events) and paid staff for the Parents Day Out (Tuesdays & Thursdays) Ministries
· Plan, promote and supervise a program of education, evangelism, discipleship and activities for the Nursery and Parents day Out Ministries
· Lead in calendar planning and coordinate scheduled staffing needed for both ministries
· Lead in outreach to prospects who visit the nursery and minister to children, families, and workers in your ministry’s care
· Regular and reliable communication between all ministry areas
· Preparing and submitting requests for annual Church Nursery and Parent’s Day Out Ministries Budgets and overseeing budgets once approved
· Upkeep of Nursery areas and equipment inventories to ensure everything is in good working order and well kept. (this may include laundering blankets, sterilizing toys, removing food scraps and diapers daily, but does not mean facility janitorial which is provided)
· Managing Parents Day Out data and tuition management software system (ProCare), collecting payments, and coordinating proper invoicing and payment management processes with the Director of Finance
· Managing Parents Day Out paid staff and oversee payroll submission in coordination with the Director of Finance
· Casting a clear vision for your department that advanced the larger vision of FBCF.
· Humility and a sincere call to serve Christ’s church
· Spiritual and relational warmth, as well as a genuine love for children and your staff
· Keen and intuitive understanding of the dynamics of congregational and community life
· Passion for leading the church to reach families through providing safe and loving care for their children and ensuring Christ is shared with even our youngest church members
· Capacity to understand and nurture the needs of families and children, from diverse backgrounds and expectations
· Inspire and lead your team to pursue excellence in the development of their ministry to children and families
· Ability to draw other talented members into ministry and empowers others to lead and create within their abilities
· Flexibility and adaptability to change
· Ability to be a team player, with capacity to work cooperatively with gifted and competent colleagues toward a common goal
· Good decision-making abilities, able to make the tough call, while maintaining healthy relationships with peers as well as those being supervised
· Commitment to protect confidential information and maintain the safety and security of small children
Spiritual: Have a mature, yet still growing, relationship with Jesus Christ. Possess a calling from God (with the gifts and talents necessary) to lead the Nursery and Parents Day Out Ministries. Embrace the SBC – BF&M 2000. Staff members are expected to be involved in an intentional relationship with the Pastor (or assigned discipleship leader) for the purpose of spiritual growth and making disciples of Christ, they are expected to be regular church attendees and to support their church financially.
We Offer: Salary that will be commensurate with experience and education. Vacation and personal time is available and earned based on time of service. For families with small children, Parents Day Out may also be available as a benefit.
To Apply: No phone calls please! Send required documentation (as listed below) via the Email listed below by a deadline of: December 31st
-Letter of interest/introduction -Resume -List of References
– Any certifications or licenses -Salary Expectations
-Links to webpages, social media, etc.
Our team will, in God’s timing, carefully consider every applicant. If at any time your desire to be considered changes, please notify us via email. We will reach out to each applicant just as soon as we are able to fully discern God’s direction for the future of this position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com