Youth Minister Full Time
First Baptist Church of Waldorf is currently looking to fill the position of full-time Youth Minister. We are looking for a candidate, having been called by God to the Youth Ministry to provide leadership and oversight for all aspects of our youth that points them to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
FBC Waldorf is a cross-generational church in a suburban community of Southern Maryland located approximately 20 miles south of Washington DC. Our church values a seamless journey of faith where believers from all generations disciple and worship together to ensure every member of God’s family understands the value He has placed in them. To accomplish that vital goal, we strive for a strong alignment and integration between the youth ministry and the rest of the church.
- Steadfast and growing faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Agree with and support the Constitution and Bylaws (available on request) of FBC Waldorf.
- Agree with Baptist Faith and Message as listed in our Constitution.
- Teach the Bible with a solid biblical and theological background.
- Called and gifted in Youth Ministry.
- Pursuing or achieving a seminary degree.
- A proven ability to work effectively with youth, parents, individuals and/or teams of volunteers.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Possesses computer skills
- Familiar with social media platforms and their use for connecting to youth and the church.
- Organized, self-motivated and proactive and possess a positive attitude.
- Youth Ministry
- Lead, and oversee our comprehensive youth ministry.
- Develop relationships with youth through direct involvement with church family and community
- Lead teenagers to a saving knowledge of Christ and disciple their relationship with Him.
- Recruit and train adult youth leaders and coordinate their work with other church volunteers.
- Strategize and lead the Youth Council to ensure spiritual and numerical growth of youth
- Engage with the youth in personal events/activities.
- Plan, organize and coordinate regular youth classes, and meetings, including events such as
fellowship, mission trips, recreational activities, retreats, and camps.
- Maintain online and social media presence.
- Plan and maintain a yearly budget for all youth activities.
- Young Adult Ministry
- Oversee and support ministry.
- Plan, organize and lead young adult events such as fellowships, retreats, and mission trips.
- Expand and work with adult leaders to ensure growth of young adult ministry.
- Participate in young adult bible studies and activities.
- Children’s and Family Ministry
- Help organize and participate in activities including community outreach.
- Plan, organize and coordinate summer camp for grades 4-6.
- Actively participate in the life of FBC Waldorf by seeking opportunities to support other ministries.
- Assist the Lead Pastor and staff to accomplish the vision and mission of the church.
Salary & Benefits
- Based on qualifications, experience and education.
- Send the following to the Pastor Search Team at [email protected]:
- Cover Letter and Resume including at least 3 references, and a brief testimony.
- A 60 second video introducing yourself to our search team.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com