Worship/Student Pastor Full Time
Fincastle Baptist Church Highlands CampusActive
Fincastle Baptist Church is seeking a full time Worship/Student Pastor to lead our growing ministry at our Highlands Campus located in Covington, Va. Fincastle Baptist Church is a contemporary, multi-site, family-oriented church with three campuses and plans to open an additional campus soon. FBC is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention and SBC of Virginia. Our Highlands Campus is over 5 years old and has an average attendance of 225 with an active student ministry averaging 35 students.
The Worship/Student Pastor will lead a contemporary worship team/band, and grow our thriving student ministry. He is a high-capacity leader who builds teams to ensure the success at the Highlands Campus. Success is defined as fulfilling FBC’s purpose of glorifying God by helping people KNOW God, GROW in God and LIVE for God. The Highlands Campus Worship/Student Pastor will join with other staff at the Highlands Campus and other campuses to see lives changed for eternity.
The Highlands Campus Pastor
Leadership Ability, Passionate, High Energy, Self-Starter, Team Player, Creative Mind, Problem Solver, Strategic Planner, Administrative Ability, Positive Mindset, Optimistic Attitude, Good Listener
- Have a growing relationship with Christ and lead your family to do the same.
- Research, create, contextualize, and implement effective ways to help people KNOW God, GROW in God and LIVE for God.
- Recruit, train, develop and oversee a team of volunteers.
- Lead Sunday worship services, including connecting relationally with the congregation and providing energetic, Spirit-led, passionate worship.
- Make disciples, equip volunteers, and develop adults and students into fully committed followers of Jesus.
- Lead the Student Ministry (6th-12th Graders) at the Highlands Campus.
- Ensure that campus-specific ministries are developed and that leaders are recruited, equipped, resourced, and fully aligned with Fincastle Baptist Church’s philosophy of ministry.
- Participate in prayer and planning meetings on a weekly basis with the pastoral staff team.
- Manage the Highlands Campus Worship and Student Ministries budgets.
- Be willing to get involved with the local middle and high schools so as to have a missional presence.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will be a fully devoted Christ follower and be in alignment of the Mission, Vision and Values of Fincastle Baptist Church.
- Will be outgoing, energetic, and passionate about worship and student ministry.
- Will be able to lead a contemporary worship team/band.
- Will be able to grow our thriving student ministry.
- Will have experience in building volunteer teams.
- Will have a teachable spirit and collaborate well with a team.
- Will possess leadership skills to recruit, develop, and motivate teams of volunteers.
- Will have good communication/preaching abilities and be able to relate with both adults and students.
- Will have organizational ability and strong attention to detail.
- Will maintain a Christ-like grace under pressure.
- Will pursue excellence.
- Will have good time management and be flexible.
- A Bachelor’s degree in religion, Bible, pastoral ministries, student ministries, worship ministries or a related field is required.
- 2 years of ministry experience.
- Experience at a multi-site church is a plus.
A Full Time Salary and Benefits Package will be offered.
Resume can be sent to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a job with a Southern Baptist church?
Enter your information to be notified as new jobs are posted.