fbpx
« back to job search results

Children’s Pastor/Minister Full Time


First Baptist Church

207 West Main Street, Henderson, TX

http://www.thefbc.org

Active

Principle Function:

The children’s pastor/minister will be committed to shepherding children, birth through sixth grade, and their families. He or she will provide vision and leadership in all programing for the ministry to the children and their families.  The children’s pastor/minister will also help develop and oversee the process of the discipleship and spiritual maturation of the children of First Baptist Church.

Specific List of Responsibilities for the Minister of Children and Families:

• Identify the needs of children, birth through sixth grade, within the church family and larger community to which the church ministers.
• Plan specific ministry activities and programs designed to meet approved objectives related to areas such as Vacation Bible School, summer camps, retreats, and mission trips.
• Plan, coordinate, and staff children’s church.
• Assess the effectiveness of ministry activities and programs and make revisions as needed.
• Ensure that all children’s educational ministries are providing biblical instruction in agreement with the mission and philosophy of First Baptist Church.
• Supervise the work and overall direction of all children’s ministry areas.
• Manages the design, programming, communications, and other issues regarding children and family Ministries.
• Advise in the use of program materials, equipment, supplies, and space by children in all church program areas.
• Make timely requests for purchases of required supplies and equipment needed for the children’s ministries.
• Work with organization leaders to coordinate outreach and ministry for children and families, and lead workers to visit prospects and absentees.
• Work with program leaders, teachers, and appropriate staff members to resolve philosophical, procedural, and scheduling problems in the children’s division.
• Provide leadership and mentoring for church families.
• Coordinate recruiting, screening, and training, of all children workers in all children areas.
• Ensure that all children workers (paid and volunteer) understand and adhere to the Prevention of Child and Youth Abuse Policy.
• Recommend, in consultation with the children’s leaders, biblically based curriculum for use in all children ministries. Implement and monitor use of approved curriculum.
• Guide the implementation of a sound biblical philosophy of teaching children.
• Assure provision of needed teaching resource materials for all children’s ministries.
• Serve as a counselor with children and their families in matters of personal and family concerns.
• Care for the needs of those serving in nursery, preschool, and elementary ministries.
• Work directly with and supervise all children’s ministry employees, including paid nursery workers, and any assigned secretaries or ministry interns.
• Recommend to the Minister of Education an annual budget for the 1-6 grade children’s ministry programs.

General Responsibilities:

• Cooperate with the Senior Pastor, other staff members, and leadership in promoting the entire ministry plan of First Baptist Church.
• Attend all regular staff meetings.
• Attend other church ministry team meetings as advised by the Pastor or Minister of Education.
• Be available for counseling of church and non-church members as needs arise.
• Utilize the services of the secretarial and facilities staff, which are consistent with their Position Descriptions.
• Supply articles/information as needed for use in publications relating to your ministry areas.
• Work within the budgeted amounts in your area of ministry.  Avoid soliciting or expending funds not previously authorized.
• Serve as an effective staff liaison to assigned Ministry Teams and/or Standing Committees.
• Adhere to church approved guidelines as set forth in Policy Manual.

Basic personal responsibilities:

• Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer, and meditation.
• Maintain proper priorities and spiritual disciplines in the home.
• Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
• Financially support the work of ministries of First Baptist Church by faithfully giving at least a10% tithe to the church. Maintain wise stewardship measures with the remaining 90%.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Minister of Education.

To apply for this job email your details to dedmiston@thefbc.org


Looking for a job with a Southern Baptist church?

Enter your information to be notified as new jobs are posted.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.