Associate Pastor of Worship and Family Ministry Full Time
First Baptist ChurchActive
ASSOCIATE PASTOR OF WORSHIP AND FAMILY MINISTRY JOB DESCRIPTION
The Associate Pastor of Worship and Family Ministry is a full-time, salaried position. First and foremost, the person called to this position must exhibit evidence that they are a saved disciple of Jesus Christ and can exhibit a biblical call to serve Christ through the local Body of Christ.
The biblical qualifications set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4 establish the expectations placed on the man filling this position. The church, therefore, recognizes that the pastor called to this position answers to the Lord Jesus Christ first. Subsequently, the church willingly places itself under the spiritual guidance and direction of the associate pastor, as he serves along with other pastoral leaders.
The man that fills this position recognizes that he works alongside and at the discretion of the senior pastor, leading the church together in keeping with Ephesians 4:11-12.
Appropriate education and/or experience are deemed crucial in the carrying out of this ministry. Ultimately, spiritual maturity is desired above all, in faithfully carrying out the call of God during this rebuilding phase at FBC.
Worship Leadership – Accounts for Approximately 30% of Weekly Duties
· Oversee the organization and implementation of a comprehensive worship ministry, including, but not limited to the following: congregational worship, instrumentalists, children’s music, VBS music, seasonal worship services, special services (funerals, weddings), multi-media usage, praise teams, with the possibility of utilizing choirs and ensembles.
· Oversee the work of paid worship staff and volunteers, including music selections, sound, projection, and multi-media. This includes scheduling and training of workers, updating of hardware and software as needed, making sure any multi-media plans are carried out promptly, and creatively using multi-media resources in a way that prompts worship of Christ rather than distracts from the true worship of Christ.
Family Ministry – Accounts for Approximately 60% of Weekly Duties
· Oversee the organization and implementation of a comprehensive family discipleship ministry for the purpose of developing biblical disciples in the family units of FBC.
This plan may include but not be limited to the following:
1. Marriage enrichment
2. Parenting guidance and training
3. Family worship implementation
4. Family discipleship guidance
· The premise for this aspect of ministry focuses on equipping parents to disciple their children, as parents should serve as the primary provider of spiritual leadership and support to their children at all stages of life.
· Support, provide leadership, and/or partner with existing church ministries designed to disciple children, students, and parents. These include providing direction and support to children’s Sunday School, children’s church, mid-week activities, camps, and retreats.
Additional Pastoral Ministry – Accounts for Approximately 10% of Weekly Duties
· Cooperate with primary administrative teams and standing ministry teams in the enlistment and training of leaders/members, and recommend and oversee those budgeted items pertaining to worship and family leadership.
· Participate in other pastoral ministry duties (visitation, deacons’ meetings, staff meetings, and other leadership meetings).
· Participate in other services and ministries of the church as able and clearly communicated with the senior pastor.
A salary of $48,000 is approved for the 2022 budget. This amount takes into consideration the candidate’s experience, education, and current housing situation. This gross salary amount allows for the associate pastor’s personal choices for health insurance, social security, housing allowance, and retirement (if so desired).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com