Church Administrator Full Time
First Baptist Church CentertonActive
First Baptist Church Centerton
First Baptist Church of Centerton is a Bible-centered, gospel-preaching church that was established in 1919. FBC Centerton is part of the Southern Baptist Convention, and the church exists to glorify God by preaching Christ crucified, so that sinners from all nations might receive the joy of forgiveness and eternal life.
FBC Centerton affirms a faith and practice that is 1) biblical, 2) conservative, and 3) adherent to historical Baptist roots. The church is led by a plurality of pastors and is characterized by expository preaching. FBC Centerton is part of the Pillar Network and is listed on the 9 Marks church directory.
Under the pastoral guidance of FBC Centerton, the Church Administrator serves as a right-hand man to the Pastor of Preaching and Teaching and gives oversight to the following areas: human resources, finances, and communication. In addition, the Church Administrator carries out and completes special projects within and without the oversight areas as needed.
If an applicant aspires to the office of pastor, meets the qualifications listed in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1, and has been equipped for pastoral ministry (e.g., has seminary training), then he may be installed as the Pastor of Administration after testing by the current pastor team and churchwide affirmation.
• A born-again believer in Jesus Christ who has been saved by grace through faith
• A dedicated follower of Jesus Christ and currently involved in a local church of like faith and practice
• A deep desire to pursue Christlikeness through the practice of spiritual disciplines
• A high level of integrity and honesty, and a character that reflects the Lord Jesus Christ
• An affirmation of First Baptist Church Centerton’s Statement of Faith
• A commitment to servant leadership
• A good communicator with a dedication to honest and transparent communication
• A desire to create meaningful, Christ-centered friendships with church staff and members
• Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
• Three to five years of experience in a related field (HR and finance experience is preferred)
• A willingness to receive instruction and carry out assignments with diligence
• Proficient computer skills and a high level of organization
• Conduct annual performance appraisals for church staff
• Facilitate the hiring of additional church staff when necessary
• Coordinate, review, and make recommendations concerning church staff benefits
• Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
• Reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
• Works with ministry leaders to conduct appropriate trainings for church staff and church volunteers
• Maintains and further develops a Child Protection Policy and Plan to ensure a safe church campus
• Give oversight to the church’s finances
• Serve on the church’s Finance Team
• Review church contracts annually and provide recommendations
• Review church insurance annually and provide recommendations
• Coordinate potential insurance claims and related projects
• Review the church’s monthly financial reports and provide recommendations
• Develop, distribute, and communicate the church’s annual operating budget
• Give content oversight to the church’s website, social media, and print media
• Assist in the production and distribution of gospel content to the surrounding community
• Distribute a consistent stream of communication to the church concerning schedules, events, updates, etc.
• Other duties as deemed necessary by the church
Examples of potential special projects: researching curriculum for small groups and other ministries, editing current policies and developing new policies for church ministries, planning and coordinating church events (e.g., Missions Emphasis Sunday), etc.
Position Reports To: Pastor of Preaching and Teaching
Forward Resumes To:
Church Secretary, First Baptist Church Centerton
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com