Part-time Children’s Minister Part Time
First Baptist Church DiamondActive
1. Must be willing to become a member of First Baptist Church of Diamond.
2. Concerning conscience and morals, his/her responsibility shall be in this order: to God, to their family, to their church.
3. Responsible to the church, supervised by the Senior Pastor, for assisting church program organizations to develop a comprehensive program of assigned roles.
4. Reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
5. Shall oversee spiritual leadership and discipleship training of nursery to 6th grade.
6. Shall attend weekly staff meetings.
7. Shall perform other duties as requested by the Pastor.
8. Shall hold office hours one day a week.
9. Compensation will include an annual salary of $12,000.
1. Shall oversee spiritual leadership and discipleship training for children in Nursery through 6th grade working with the teachers and/or the Children’s Ministry Team.
2. Shall proclaim the gospel and lead the children in proclaiming the gospel to their friends and community. The children’s director shall work in cooperation with the staff and Children’s Ministry Team to plan a comprehensive children’s program. In addition, the children’s director shall encourage and provide training in personal evangelism for all members of the children’s department as requested and/or needed.
3. Shall lead the Children’s Ministry Team in developing a caring ministry for the people in the church and community. The children’s director shall work closely with the Pastor and Children’s Ministry Team in providing ministry to all family members in the home, hospital, during times of bereavement, and spiritual counseling to church families as requested.
4. Shall work closely with the Preschool and Children’s Sunday School teachers and oversee the Wednesday night children’s program.
5. Shall provide administrative leadership for the total children’s program, providing opportunities to develop leaders through training and supervising volunteers.
6. Shall serve as Chairman of the Children’s Ministry Team and lead them in planning and directing recreation and social activities for the Children’s Department.
7. Shall assist the Nominating Committee in selecting or appointing members to the children’s ministries.
8. Shall coordinate with the staff and/or volunteers, as requested for special programs which may involve the Children’s Department.
9. Shall bring a report from the Children’s Department to the church at regularly scheduled business meetings.
10. Shall develop and promote a strong outreach effort through the Children’s Department.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org