Student Minister Full Time
First Baptist Church of Dubach, LAActive
Youth Minister Role
First Baptist Church of Dubach, LA
Interested? Please send your resume to Eddie Robison, Pastor at [email protected].
1. Lead program of youth education and ministry working with the Youth Committee. This includes Sunday morning Bible Study, Sunday evening and Wednesday evening ministries, missions, and fun activities/outings. Communicate well with students and parents regarding events and programs.
2. Recruit and train volunteers needed for the student ministry. Lead students as they assist in Vacation Bible School.
3. Help choose appropriate program materials, to be discussed with the Youth Committee and approved by the pastor.
4. Develop a proposed budget for the church’s youth ministry in conjunction with the Youth Committee.
5. Promote the Youth program in the church and community whenever able, taking our Youth Ministry outside the church into the community as commanded in Matthew 28:18-20.
6. Cooperate with other Youth programs, involving our youth in associational activities, camps, mission trips, evangelism rallies and other activities.
7. Visit youth who are ill and share with the pastor in ministering to the sick. The scheduling and frequency of this responsibility will be determined by the pastor in coordination with the youth minister.
8. Call on new prospects, along with the pastor, giving special attention to youth.
Leadership and Supervision
The Youth Minister is supervised by the Pastor.
Weekly staff meetings with the church staff are required.
Monthly review and planning meetings with the Pastor.
Quarterly evaluation of the objectives and effectiveness of Youth Ministry in cooperation with the Youth Committee; implement improvements and changes as needed.
1. Be a committed Christian living in accordance with the Word of God.
2. Exhibit a call to Christian ministry.
3. Be servant-minded like Christ, flexible and teachable.
4. Be able to communicate with all groups in the scope of his or her ministry.
5. Be informed and experienced in Children’s and Youth Ministry methodology.
6. Have appropriate formal training and practical experience. Bachelor’s Degree completed or in process preferred.
7. Agree with doctrinal statements of the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message and abide by the bylaws of our church.
Time per week will include youth programs, visitation, study and preparation time, events and other duties approved by the Youth Committee. This position is potentially volunteer, part-time, or full-time with flexible schedule for students.
Salary is negotiable based upon time commitment, education and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Looking for a job with a Southern Baptist church?
Enter your information to be notified as new jobs are posted.