Pastor of Worship & Outreach Full Time
First Baptist Church of Liberty TexasActive
Pastor of Worship & Outreach (PWO) will work under the Senior Pastor to plan, oversee, and coordinate all details pertaining to the worship services and church outreach in a way that inspires those around him to join in the pursuit of that vision.
· Appropriate college degree or is willing to pursue an appropriate ministry degree.
· Shall have completed the necessary seminary courses or the equivalent (i.e., seminars, conferences, discipled by other pastors, etc.) to lead in the area of music and outreach.
· A committed and growing follower of Jesus Christ, in agreement with Southern Baptist beliefs and theology found in Scripture.
· In good faith subscribes to a Baptist Statement of Faith as containing the system of doctrine found in Scripture.
· Proven experience in leading worship and music ministry within a church context.
· Proficient in music theory and various musical instruments.
· Demonstrated ability to organize and lead outreach and community engagement initiatives.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain positive relationships.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.
· Self-motivated, creative, and able to work collaboratively within a team.
· Assisting the senior pastor in planning and leading inspiring music in worship gatherings that engages the participation of the congregation and supports the message for that service.
· Selecting and arranging hymns, songs, and other musical elements that enhance the worship experience.
· Directing and overseeing the praise team, band, choir and other music groups in practices, spiritual growth and worship services.
· Direct 1-2 musicals each year.
· Oversee the development of ensembles, choirs, worship teams, drama, Handbells, etc.
· Oversee the audio and visual ministry (sound booth, presentation software, etc.).
· Playing a musical instrument and/or leading a praise band, ensuring a diverse and engaging worship style that appeals to a broad range of attendees.
· Assist the Sr. pastor in the evangelism training ministry of the church.
Outreach (assist the pastor in):
· Leading outreach events, service projects, and evangelism campaigns under a strategy to reach the lost & build the church.
· Training and equipping and mobilizing volunteers to participate in community outreach.
· Follow up with visitors to campus events and services.
· Creating a process for assimilating people into church life and membership.
· Actively participate in the life and ministry of the church.
· establishing and protecting the digital footprint of the church.
· Creating, editing, publishing, and sharing consistent, relevant content (website, social media platforms, ministry videos) that creates meaningful moments of connection for our online community.
Staff Relationships and Responsibilities
· Willing to be mentored by the Sr. Pastor
· Manage the budget and resources allocated to the music and outreach ministries, ensuring responsible stewardship.
· Maintain accurate records of worship service plans, attendance, and outreach activities.
· Communicate effectively with church leadership, staff, and volunteers about upcoming events and initiatives.
· Assist with other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Looking for a job with a Southern Baptist church?
Enter your information to be notified as new jobs are posted.