Associate Pastor of Student Ministry Part Time
First Baptist Church of Roan MountainActive
The Associate Pastor of Student Ministry is responsible for leading the student ministry for First Baptist Church of Roan Mountain (FBCRM). This person will work under the direction of the Pastor and others to carry out this mission in accordance with the values, beliefs, and strategies of FBCRM. This position will require an average of 20 hours per week. Special events may require additional hours.
The Associate Pastor is expected to 1) be a committed follower of Jesus Christ who has expressed that commitment through baptism and local church membership, 2) be in agreement with FBCRM’S beliefs and values, 3) demonstrate a love for people with emphasis on students and their parents, 4) be a good team player with strong interpersonal skills, 5) display a gifting and passion for local church ministry, 6) meet with the Pastor at least weekly to discuss ministry issues and plans, 7) keep appropriate and accurate records
1) Be zealous in leading students to a saving knowledge of Christ and to grow as disciples
2) Become an integral part of Sunday morning services including planning, teaching, and/or leading when needed
3) Plan and lead Sunday night Student Small Group Ministry
4) Plan and lead Wednesday night student worship
5) Build relationships with students in the Church and Community, reaching out to them during the weak
6) Communicate regularly with students and parents regarding updates, announcements, etc
7) Assist as needed with special events such as VBS, youth camp, impromptu occasions, etc.
8) Keep accurate, appropriate records of programs, activities, and approved expenditures
9) Perform other duties as directed by the Pastor
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com