Associate Pastor of Missions and Community Engagement Full Time
First Baptist Church of Universal CityActive
Associate Pastor of Missions and Community Engagement
Full-Time (Salary: $67,000)
Location: First Baptist Church of Universal City, Texas
First Baptist Church of Universal City, located in the San Antonio area, is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Associate Pastor of Missions and Community Engagement to provide leadership in the areas of missions, community engagement and pastoral work. Interested candidates should send a resume to [email protected]
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Has a heart for local and global missions.
- Should have a college degree. Master’s degree preferred.
- Well organized and able to lead paid and volunteer leaders and develop ministry teams.
- Team player.
MISSIONS – GLOBAL
1. Overall initiation and supervision of Global Missions Ministries (Global Missions are those conducted outside of the Greater Randolph and San Antonio Areas) including but not limited to:
A. National and International Missions Initiatives
- Enlist, train, and supervise leaders for this ministry.
- Give leadership in preparing teams for mission trips:
- International (Haiti)
- National (Brooklyn, NY)
- Medical / Dental
- Give leadership to other global missions efforts through the church:
- Operation Christmas Child – Ministry of Samaritan’s Purse
- Feed My Starving Children and other Hunger Initiatives
B. Church Start Initiatives
- Give leadership to the church in initiating and supporting church plants in North America.
C. Disaster Relief Team (DRT)
- Recruit, organize and train a DRT team.
- Maintain close contact with persons at local and state levels to stay alert to need for Team’s services.
- Encourage team members to be prepared for short notice deployment to disaster sites.
- Assure equipment and supplies are available when needed.
D. Missions Education
- Enlist, train and supervise leaders for this ministry.
- Publicize, educate and encourage church members concerning all missions ministries.
- Work directly with age-graded ministries to promote mission awareness and involvement.
- Give leadership to the LAMB offering promotion and ingathering.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT – LOCAL MISSIONS
1. Overall initiation and supervision of Local Missions Ministries. (Local Missions are those conducted within the Greater Randolph and San Antonio Areas) including but not limited to:
A. Community Connections Enlist and train leaders.
- Involve Sunday School classes.
- Identify and address community needs.
B. Multi-family Housing Ministry
- Identify and assess new start opportunities.
- Seek staff and church approval and support of potentially viable new starts.
C. Spanish and Swahili Ministries
- Maintain close relationship with Spanish and Swahili Ministries Pastors.
- Identify viable needs that should be relayed to FBCUC leaders for assistance.
- Provide assistance with Worship Services, Sunday School, weekday activities, etc.
- Cultivate a climate of Christian fellowship with the ministry’s leaders and congregation.
D. Local Initiatives
- Identify and address local hunger needs (ex. RACAP).
- Hope Shelter
- International Friends (formerly ESL)
- Resources for Women
- Angel Tree – Ministry of Prison Fellowship
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT – RECREATION MINISTRY
1. Overall initiation and supervision of Recreation ministries including but not limited to:
- Program the activities of the Recreation Center to meet the overall needs of the church to develop fellowship, Christian personal growth and evangelistic outreach.
- Schedule and coordinate all recreation functions held at the Recreation Center.
B. Enlistment and Training
- Ministry Team to assist in leading the recreation ministry.
- Volunteers workers to serve in the control center of the Recreation Center as needed.
- Employees for the Recreation Center: Interns and Upward Ministry Coordinator.
C. Upward Basketball and Cheer
- Supervise a paid coordinator that leads this ministry.
D. Fall Family Festival
E. Sports Camps
F. Church-wide Fellowships
G. Fitness Classes
H. Leagues: Sunday School Volleyball, Softball and Basketball
I. Other Events:
- Open Play
- Pick-up Basketball
- Camping (ex. Father/Son)
- Running Events (ex. 5K)
- Fishing Tournaments
J. Maintain inventory, care, repair and storage of all recreation equipment and supplies.
ASSOCIATE PASTOR DUTIES
Assist the Senior Pastor in all areas of pastoral work as requested by the Senior Pastor including but not limited to:
B. Hospital Ministry
D. Evangelism Program
1. Prepare and defend requests for funds for your areas of ministry in the annual budget cycle, special mission fund-raisers, etc.
2. Develop a growth attitude among missions’ team leaders. Encourage expansion of organizations committed to missions and community engagement. Conduct on-going and special training as needed.
3. Stay up-to-date on missions and community engagement opportunities via personal contact, study and participation in training sessions, conferences, etc., as learner and/or leader.
4. Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org