Minister of Music Full Time
First Baptist Church, Sikeston MOActive
First Baptist Church Sikeston, Missouri is seeking to hire a full-time Minister of Music to lead our congregation in worship. As a church, we are committed to our mission “To Know God and to Make Him Known”. We are searching for someone who can develop, foster, and grow our worship services to better serve our God and our congregation. We have a modern traditional worship service with an organ and piano and lead by a 35-member worship choir (pre-covid). We want someone who is passionate about worshiping with other committed followers of Jesus who also wants to grow in Him. Experience working in blended and contemporary service styles will be helpful as we strive to reach the lost in our community.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in church music or a related field. A seminary or graduate degree is preferred.
- Experience as a music minister in a church, including leading worship, directing a choir and/or praise team, and handbell choir.
- Expected to be a mature Christian, able to articulate his personal relationship with Jesus Christ. He is expected to engage in the spiritual disciplines to grow his personal relationship with Jesus Christ and demonstrate a strong desire to lead others to Christ.
- The Minister of Music must affirm the inerrancy and sufficiency of Scripture and be able to teach sound doctrine. He must commit to the mission, vision, and values of First Baptist Church – Sikeston and affirm, lead, and teach in accordance with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- Must have strong vocal skills and the ability to play an instrument(s) is preferred. Must have the ability to read and direct both choral and instrumental music.
- Responsible to develop and lead an overall worship ministry that draws people into the presence of God through a powerful, uplifting and Biblically sound worship experience, both individually and corporately.
- Prepare and lead worship for weekly Sunday morning and evening worship services and additional special services as needed (i.e., Easter Cantata, Christmas, etc.)
- Identify, recruit, and develop members of the worship team. Lead rehearsals of the worship team including choir, instrumentalist, soloists and ensembles, and hand bell choir.
- Supervise the purchase, inventory and maintenance of the music library, musical instruments and equipment, and any other supplies for use in the music ministry. Prepare an annual music ministry budget in cooperation with the Finance Committee.
- Coordinate with the Multimedia Committee in overseeing the A/V production and broadcast of worship services. Have a working understanding of the technical aspects of multimedia, sound systems, digital and analog sound boards, presentation software, and computers.
- Participate in the general pastoral care of the congregation as a part of the ministerial staff, including home and hospital visits.
- Serve under the direction of our Senior Pastor. Must attend weekly staff meetings, help coordinate a church calendar, and assist with all church ministry as needed.
The Ideal Candidate will…
- Be independent and self-motivated, while being comfortable in a diverse team environment.
- Can freely give and receive input while managing stressful situations with grace and good communication
- Be open to new ideas and adaptable to the everchanging needs of our current church and those we are trying to reach.
- Proven ability to think strategically and generationally in the implementation of various worship models and styles.
- Pursue opportunities to use music and worship as a vehicle for evangelism beyond our church walls.
Sikeston, Missouri is a small community (approx. 17,000 population) in Southeast Missouri, just south of Cape Girardeau and two hours south of St. Louis. It has all of the benefits of a small-town rural living while still having access to a larger metro area and the opportunities associated with it. It’s a great place to raise a family, with excellent schools, affordable housing, a wide range of job opportunities, and beautiful scenery. For these reasons and more, many young families are moving to this area, which makes it a strategic location for someone who wants to impact the next generation for Christ.
- Please submit your resume, cover letter and a recent photo to [email protected].
- Include any/all social media profile links. Provide links to a few videos of you playing/leading worship.
- List of 3 references, including 1 from someone outside the church setting
Applications will be accepted through Monday, May 31, 2021
Joshua Gilbert, Search Committee Chairman
First Baptist Church – Sikeston
1101 N. Main St
Sikeston, MO 63801
To apply for this job email your details to FBCSikestonresumes@gmail.com