Children’s Associate Minister Full Time
First Baptist Church TrussvilleActive
Title: Children’s Ministry Associate
Reports to: Minister to Children
Based at: First Baptist Church
Responsible to assist the Minister to Children with designing, implementing, and leading ministries from children in first through fifth grades.
– Previous experience working with elementary-aged children in a local church environment
– Strong leadership skills to oversee aspects of age-graded ministries
– Clear desire to see elementary-aged children come to Christ
– Strong work ethic to do whatever it takes to create excellence in the ministry
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. Work alongside the Minister to Children to create age-appropriate events/programming
2. Be a key leader on Sunday mornings in Sunday School & Children’s Worship.
3. Lead and plan activities for first through third grade on Wednesday nights. Take steps to ensure it is our “front door” to the children’s ministry.
4. Oversee and manage communication and social media strategy for the Children’s Ministry working with other staff to promote events, inform parents, and update the church on the ministry.
5. Oversee, design, and implement a system for those who accept Christ and an effective follow-up plan after baptism.
6. Be present/active in the lives of children away from church campus (schools, sports, extracurricular, etc)
7. Discover ministry avenues for families to get involved in family missions.
8. Help enlist and equip ministry volunteers to plan and lead parent/child events.
9. Provide leadership for all summer activities including VBS, camps, mission trips, and hang times.
10. Assist in developing leaders and recruiting volunteers to serve in the Children’s Ministry.
– Healthcare and Dental
– 403(b) Retirement
– Vacation Time
– Sick Time
– Salary depends upon experience
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com