Next Gen Pastor Full Time
First Baptist WalterboroActive
Next Gen Pastor
This is a new position in a church that is undergoing a fresh start after experiencing three years of a church revitalization process. If your passion and skillsets are that of a builder of people and ministries rather than maintenance ministry you will find much joy in your ministry and in serving this loving congregation.
The Next Generation Ministry involves all ages from cradle through college. Attention must be given to the development and implementation of a transformational ministry through each of these developmental stages. The pastor will equip and resource parents to be disciple-makers in their homes. He will also need to have a passion for students in middle and high school. His strengths should be: evangelism, strong people skills, and organized in his work. We are seeking a conservative in baptist theology who believes and practices a gospel for all people.
- Be a professing Christian, with a growing relationship with God.
- Have a bachelor’s degree (minimum), working towards or completed a seminary degree preferred with 1-5 years relevant ministry experience, such as pastoral staff experience or ministry internship.
- Be able to work with all age groups, and sense God’s call to work with students.
- Be a “team player” with other members of the church staff.
- Relate well with the congregation.
- Have workable knowledge of today’s technology and social media.
- Must relate well to the pastor.
The requirements and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement a plan to grow Next Gen students spiritually. This is a holistic approach that includes all program aspects of the ministry.
- Develop and enlarge the ministry organization by identifying, enlist and train adult leaders.
- Assist as needed in planning Worship Celebrations.
- Participate and promote church-wide Outreach and Ministry events.
- Assist and resource parents to disciple their children.
- Perform a yearly evaluation of the Next Gen Ministry.
- Provide Christian guidance and encouragement to students and families on an individual basis.
- Propose annual budget needs for the ministry.
- Assist in other duties as assigned.
- Make evangelism the ministry priority. This includes campus evangelism on public and private school campuses. Identify ways the church can serve the local schools administration and faculty.
- Train students regularly to effectively share the Gospel with their peers.
- Assist in the implementation of Discovery Lunches and Guest Ministries.
- Develop and plan Student Mission Trips in partnership with the Missions Team.
- Develop a College and Career Ministry to best support the needs of all students.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of VBS. This includes enlisting students to assist leaders.
- Develop a plan to visit Next Gen students in the community that includes personal evangelism for older students.
- Plan and implement student camps, retreats, D-Nows and trips for Student Ministry.
- Develop a strategy to assist 5th graders to transition to Student Ministry. Develop a strategy to assist 12thgraders to transition to college or careers.
- Love students, their families, and share the Gospel with them.
First Baptist Church
Contact: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org