Connections Pastor Full Time
First Mt. JulietActive
Connections Pastor First Baptist Church, Mt. Juliet, Tennessee
Purpose The Connections Pastor will have a passion to make disciples and to lead others to make disciples who are transformed by the gospel, connected in Biblical community, and living out God’s mission in their lives. Meet First Mt. Juliet: First Baptist began in the year 1900 with 13 believers in the small town of Mt. Juliet, TN. With over a 120 year history and God’s blessing, First Baptist has grown exponentially and has now broken ground on a new 1,300 seat worship center to be completed in Spring 2022 along with new Administrative offices and much more. You can check out our Faith.Forward.Future campaign by clicking here for more information on the rebuild and expansion of our campus. The campus of First Baptist also hosts their largest ministry, Mt. Juliet Christian Academy, reaching almost 600 students ranging from K-12th grade. As a 7-day a week ministry, First Baptist desires for people to know Jesus and to make Him known.
About the Connections Pastor: This ministry position is charged with leading in Discipleship, Assimilation, Evangelism and Missions.
- Discipleship: Provide the vision, leadership, oversight and administration of all adult discipleship ministries of the church, including Sunday morning Bible study groups, Mid-week studies, women’s and men’s Bible studies and other small group discipleship ministries with the purpose of bringing participants into a deeper relationship with the Lord.
- Assimilation: Develop, implement and oversee a plan to involve and integrate new Christians and new members into our church family, including Sunday morning Bible study group involvement, and finding areas of service according to their gifts.
- Oversee areas that affect assimilation and make them vibrant first impression areas including greeting teams, parking lot guides, and welcome center.
- Evangelism: Develop, implement and oversee a strategic plan for outreach and evangelism.
- Make evangelism a core practice of our church members.
- Missions: Develop a dynamic missions program to provide opportunities for the church to be used to spread the gospel locally, regionally and globally.
- Plan and promote fellowships, retreats, seminars and conferences that will enhance the spiritual growth and development of the church.
- Provide leadership, encouragement and assistance to all adult ministry team leaders and volunteers.
- Lead the congregation to understand their abilities and giftedness, and teach them to use those gifts in serving others.
- This position is responsible for assuring all study material taught in this church is doctrinally sound.
- Work efficiently and effectively with the other staff and give strong support to their ministries to maximize our service to the Kingdom of God.
- Develop an annual budget and manage ministries under their supervision to that budget.
- Fulfill any other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor or Administrator.
- The Connections Pastor is expected to be a servant leader who is expected to live an exemplary life modeling the call, character, and competencies becoming a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Be an effective recruiter and trainer of volunteer workers.
- Must have good time management skills and planning and organizational abilities.
- Must be willing to submit to leadership and have a teachable spirit.
- Ordained Minister.
- College degree in ministerial area; Seminary degree recommended.
- Be familiar with and understand Southern Baptist doctrine and theology and be in agreement with The Baptist Faith and Message.
- Have experience developing a missions program including leading and equipping a missions committee, planning and implementation of mission trips, lead the church to understand the biblical basis and need of missions, teach our church their responsibility to reach out locally and to the world and inspire all age groups to have a burning desire to spread the gospel and thereby a love of missions.
- Be a team builder who can unite and inspire the body.
- Possess and demonstrate competency with computer technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exempt Full-Time position.
- This position is supervised by the Administrative Pastor and is under the overall supervision of the Senior Pastor.
What it’s like to live in Mt. Juliet: Mt. Juliet is a vibrant, rowing suburb, 17 miles east of downtown Metro Nashville, Tennessee. It is one of the fastest-growing cities in the country with a current population of almost 40,000. In 2018, the United States Census Bureau projected Wilson County (Mt. Juliet) as the fastest growing county in the State of Tennessee. Mt. Juliet is ideal for family-life: several parks and recreation areas, lakes, greenways and biking trails are some of the reasons Mt. Juliet was named Playful City USA seven years in a row. Mt. Juliet is in close proximity to shopping and local tourist attractions including the world famous Grand Ole Opry House and the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. Nashville boasts numerous professional sports teams including the Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators, Nashville Sounds and the recently formed Nashville Soccer Club. Nashville International Airport is conveniently located and is a short 15 minute drive.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org