Children’s Director and Administrative Assistant Full Time
Lebanon Baptist ChurchActive
Lebanon Baptist Church in Greensboro, North Carolina is currently seeking to hire a children’s director and administrative assistant. This position is a full-time position. For further details, please see the job summary below.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to Nick Decker at [email protected]
This full-time position has primary responsibilities with children’s ministry for kids—infants through elementary. The position will require a minimum of 20-25 hours of weekly work including time spent ministering to the kids and leading the ministry on Sunday morning, Sunday night and Wednesday night with availability to be in the office four days a week for planning and preparation. This position is directly accountable to the Family Ministries and Outreach Pastor. This job will also require work to be accomplished in the area of administration on a weekly basis (15-20 hours). This includes, but is not limited to, church communications, event planning, database management, and other needed areas indicated by the Lead Pastor and Family Ministries and Outreach Pastor.
Plan, direct, conduct, evaluate, and administer a comprehensive children’s ministry relevant to today’s kids taking into consideration their spiritual, physical, recreational, social, and psychological development. Direct the teaching programs of the children’s ministry department to include but not limited to Sunday morning children’s church, kids Sunday School classes, Sunday night kids club, and Wednesday night AWANA ministry. Provide support, encouragement, and equipping in spiritual formation for parents in training children to bring glory to God through knowing and following Christ. Come alongside the pastoral staff to assist with administrative duties related to database management, communications, and event planning for outreach opportunities.
- Have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ, and participated in believer’s baptism
- Be in agreement with the doctrinal statement of Lebanon Baptist Church
- Maintain a posture of growth in ministry: physical, spiritual, mental, and social
- Possess a love for children and a desire to see them grow in their relationship with Christ
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of what is needed to support parents and strengthen families in their desire to raise children who follow Christ
- Have a passion to serve God in ministry and express this passion as a clear calling into ministry
- Have an accredited degree in ministry or in the process of obtaining an accredited degree in ministry from a Bible college or Seminary
- An ability to work within the vision and expectations of the pastoral staff at Lebanon Baptist Church
- An ability to manage the financial and budgetary needs of the children’s ministry
- An ability to recruit, develop, and deploy adult volunteers as needed
- Develop and maintain a knowledge of Planning Center and Textinchurch.
- Develop and maintain skills in the area of event/outreach planning.
- Relating the kids to the overall life of the church and the church to the needs of its kids. Lead youth to recognize the call of God in their life relations to life-direction and purpose. Work to train kids in spiritual disciplines such as: worship, Bible study, prayer, evangelism, serving, etc…
- Conduct weekly children’s church services on Sunday mornings at 9:30am and 11am.
- Direct, plan, and oversee the Wednesday night Awana ministry.
- Organize and oversee Sunday school classes and a Sunday night program for kids.
- Provide counsel, support, and encouragement for parents as part of a comprehensive family ministry.
- Oversee and work with the current group of adult volunteers serving in the children’s ministry.
- Recruit and enlist new volunteers to the children’s ministry.
- Oversee, manage, and maintain accurate records of the children’s ministry budget.
- Direct and lead all aspects of children’s outreach ministries including but not limited to VBS, kids camp, outdoor events, inside events, etc.
- Develop new children’s outreach ministries and discipleship opportunities for parents and children.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com