Youth Ministry Director Full Time
Leonardtown Baptist ChurchActive
Leonardtown Baptist Church is seeking a Full-time Youth Ministry Director. This individual must be committed to Jesus as their Lord and Savior, devoted in the practice of spiritual disciplines, biblically grounded, outgoing, energetic, skilled in communication, coachable, and highly motivated. They will love our middle and high school students and lead them to grow in their commitment to King Jesus. In committing to be a covenant member of Leonardtown Baptist Church, the Youth Ministry Director will join a church family that has covenanted together to SEEK the Lord in Worship, STUDY God’s Word, SERVE the Body of Christ, and SHARE Christ with the world. Leonardtown Baptist Church is a mid-sized, multi-generational, and multi-ethnic community of believers that worships together in St. Mary’s County, Maryland. It is a member church of the Southern Baptist Convention and the Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware. The church accepts the Baptist Faith and Message 2000 as the general outline of its theological positions, and requires all church members to be in support of it. Find out more about Leonardtown Baptist Church, including more about who we are and what we believe on our website. Find out more about St. Mary’s County and Leonardtown on Wikipedia. POSITION REQUIREMENTS This Youth Ministry Director must help champion and protect the broader mission of the church. The candidate must demonstrate a commitment to the core values of the church and seek to integrate the Youth Ministry into the ongoing pursuit of the unique calling and vision of Leonardtown as a church body. They should seek out and create opportunities for the youth to serve and function as an integral part of the broader church. Alongside of the elders, the candidate must also be able to navigate the shepherding needs of students with sensitivity, confidentiality and integrity. This Youth Ministry Director must communicate frequently and relate well with parents. They should see themselves as a champion of parents, that inspires and undergirds their role as disciple makers of their own children. The establishing and strengthening of God-honoring relationships with students and their parents must remain a top priority in the planning of their time. This Youth Ministry Director must have the ability to recruit, equip, and release both adults and students into ministry, and delegate effectively. They must be able to build, maintain, and grow a student ministry leadership team that includes youth and adult leaders who display a love for God, a commitment to students, and who qualify as biblical role models. The candidate must be able to provide the necessary training to equip them for service and student ministry. This includes training in adherence to Leonardtown Baptist’s Policy Handbook for the Protection of Minors. [SEEK] This Youth Ministry Director must faithfully attend all worship services and encourage middle schoolers and high schoolers to regular attendance and participation in Sunday Morning services as well as Youth Ministry Worship nights (currently called CrossFit Sunday Nights). [STUDY] This Youth Ministry Director must be able to help all students and ministry leaders grow in their personal relationship with God and in their knowledge, understanding, and application of biblical truth in their daily lives. A love and respect for God’s Word must be central to all aspects of their ministry and regularly cultivated among the youth. They must consistently make opportunities for the teaching and application of God’s Word. [SERVE] This Youth Ministry Director must give students regular opportunities to grow through short-term mission trips and local service projects. A balanced offering of trips and projects appropriate for each age, experience, and maturity level must be provided in order to meet students where they are and challenge them to take their next step. [SHARE] This Ministry Director must always be looking for a variety of ways to provide regular opportunities for our students to reach out to other students in our community in order to share the love and hope of Christ. These outreach events and activities should provide the opportunity for relationship building and keep a central focus on sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ. DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Experience serving in youth ministry as a volunteer or leader.
- A sense of calling to serve students.
- Directly oversee and participate in the Youth Ministry
- Together with the elders, facilitate meeting the shepherding needs of middle school and high school students, including crisis needs, on-going spiritual health, church discipline, and following up with absentee members
- Together with the Deacon of Youth, build and lead a team of student and adult volunteers to carry out the elders’ vision for the Youth Ministry
- Recruit, equip and develop middle school and high school adult volunteer staff
- Together with the Deacon of Youth, plan and organize a balanced yearly calendar for the Youth Ministry in the areas of Seek, Study, Serve, & Share
- This includes monthly activities, youth camps, DNOW, service projects, Crossfit Sunday Nights, graduation services, etc.
- Be aware of and make every effort to attend at least one outside church event per student (ball games, plays, talent shows, karate tournaments, recitals, etc.) per year
- Work toward creating community among students in the youth ministry
- Recommend curriculum to the elders for Sunday morning Youth Bible Fellowships
- Work with the Deacon of Children’s Ministry to establish a well-planned transition for elementary students moving into middle school
- Work with the Elder overseeing Young Adult Ministry to establish a well-planned transition for high school seniors graduating into the Young Adult Ministry
- Maintain regular leadership team meetings to review previous months, plan for the upcoming months, and engage in long-term planning and vision
- Together with the Ministry Assistant for Youth, establish a positive and regular flow of communication between student leadership and the parents of all middle and high school students, including a monthly newsletter and periodic texts
- Together with the Deacon of Youth, operate a balanced yearly budget for all youth ministry weekly and special events
OVERALL CHURCH RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings
- Attend and participate in Church Council and Family Gatherings (8 evenings per year)
- Actively participate in and enthusiastically support events that involve the entire church
- Participate in Lord’s Day Services
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor
RELATION TO THE STAFF: • The Youth Ministry Director reports directly to the Senior Pastor and is accountable to the Elders and Administrative Ministry Team WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR APPLICATION:
- A photograph of you (and your family if applicable)
- A short video to the Youth Ministry Director Search Team introducing yourself and explaining why you are interested in this position
- If available, a video or audio sample of you addressing a group in a ministry setting
- A list of all public social media accounts
- At least three references from people who have first-hand knowledge of your passion, experience, and impact as a leader in the areas and duties detailed in this job description. Please include at least one reference who knew you prior to undergraduate work.
- Please send all application materials to [email protected]
HOURS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- This position is Full Time
- Salary will be commensurate with experience
- Four weeks annual leave (annual leave = vacation + sick time) plus paid holidays: New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Thanksgiving Friday, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
- Health Insurance stipend
- The breakdown of salary and benefits will depend greatly on the candidate.
The Administrative Ministry Team will work with the ideal candidate on a breakdown that suits the candidate and the church well.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com