Worship Leader (Part-Time) Part Time
Life Community ChurchActive
Life Community Church in Owensboro, KY is prayerfully seeking a part-time worship leader. The worship leader will work approximately 10-12 hours per week. For more information on LCC, visit our website at www.lifeowensboro.com. Please see below for detailed job description.
If you feel called to respond, please send resume to [email protected]. Resumes will be accepted from February 20, 2021 through March 20, 2021.
The Worship Leader must believe that God has a purpose for him/her in this ministry. The purposes of the position are to facilitate an atmosphere in which God is worshipped and glorified and to provide direction, oversight and coordination of musical, artistic and technical elements of worship services and will serve as primary administrator of the music ministry of the church. He/She will demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
- He/she must demonstrate a strong faith and commitment to Jesus Christ and be able to share his/her faith with the congregation of the church.
- He/she must possess a strong musical background and training along with the experience and ability to read music and lead the congregation in worship.
- The Worship Leader will be born again and have a personal testimony of his/her personal conversion and commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- He/she will have a clear and open calling, not just a career/job, to serve the Lord in ministry.
- He/she WILL BE an active member of Southern Baptist church (meaning he or she is in agreement to join LCC upon signing this covenant). He/she will adhere to the Constitution and By-laws of Life Community Church.
- He/She will participate in or lead a life group.
- He/She will be committed to integrity and accountability to those he/she serves. He/She will have a strong leadership gift, skills and abilities.
- He/She must possess effective communication skills (both orally and written).
- He/She must possess the interpersonal skills needed to relate to a diverse group of people as pastoral staff, musicians, church leaders and members.
- He/She will be responsible for the planning, organizing, conducting and evaluation of a comprehensive music ministry.
- He/She will select a song set that will correspond with the Senior Pastor’s sermon.
- He/She will manage the worship planning software to set up emails/communications to notify the worship team.
- He/She will schedule the band and background singers to make sure they have access to music early in the week.
- He/She will prepare actual tangible music to have ready for the band on Sunday morning.
- He/She will manage/delegate all technical aspects of worship including but not limited to lights, soundboard, audio/visual aids (Pro Presenter), etc.
- He/She will conduct at least one praise band rehearsal every week. He/She will maintain files of music to eliminate the need for copying.
- He/She will serve as worship team leader, overseeing the worship budget and maintaining the equipment in best possible condition.
- He/She will work with the team to better equip them musically as well as look for opportunities to add more musicians and singers.
- The Worship Leader will be accountable to God first, then accountable to, supervised by and guided by the Senior Pastor or his designee.
- He/She will always convey a professional image and positive attitude regarding Life Community Church.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com