Pastor Full Time
Madison Valley Baptist ChurchActive
We are seeking a Pastor whose teaching, preaching, and lifestyle equips others to stand confidently on the word of God.
This position will actively facilitate the congregation in all aspects of the worship service – i.e., music, testimonies, prayer, and bible reading.
We’re seeking a pastor who will set the example of discipleship, develop the congregation to grow spiritually, and engage the community to expand the impact of Madison Valley Baptist Church- and, more importantly, the Kingdom of God.
Profile of Characteristics, Qualities, & Convictions
- Must have a commitment to the authority of Scripture as the divinely inspired Word of God with teaching consistent with Southern Baptist Doctrines.
- Must be an effective communicator corporately and interpersonally in both written and oral skills.
- Must be an active disciple-maker (individually and in small groups).
- Must be enthusiastic about the life transformation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and active in sharing his faith.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a Christian College or a Bible School Graduate
- A Master of Divinity or actively pursuing one is a plus.
- At least five years of pastoral ministry experience.
- A candidate aged 35-45 with a family is a plus.
- A commitment to maintaining our affiliations with the Southern Baptist Convention, the Montana Southern Baptist Convention, and the Treasure State Baptist Association.
Founded in 1981, Madison Valley Baptist Church is in Southwest Montana. Our current pastor is retiring after twelve years of faithful service to this church and fifty years in the ministry. The church is debt-free, well maintained, and owns an adjacent property for expansion. The sanctuary comfortably seats 150 people, and a well-equipped kitchen services a spacious fellowship hall. In addition, the church has several Sunday-school rooms, nursery facilities, and updated audio and visual capabilities, the church.
Many seasonal attendees who regularly attend the church during the summer and hunting/fishing seasons enjoy dual membership with their home churches in other states. Our current membership reflects a mature body of believers who sincerely exercise their faith.
Madison Valley Baptist Church welcomes all applicants (and their families) that live with any disability.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a current resume (preferably by snail mail) with three references, a recent family photo, and a 1-page cover letter sharing your story and how God is leading you to pursue this position in Ennis. We will receive resumes until March 1, 2022! Our goal is to present someone to our church by June 5, 2022.
Madison Valley Baptist Church
attn: Search Committee
5050 Hwy 287 North
PO Box 668
Ennis, MT, 59729
About the Community:
Located in southwest Montana, Ennis is a friendly, close-knit town of 900 plus people. As a resort community with a western flair, Ennis attracts an influx of seasonal population because of its location in the heart of prime fishing and hunting territory. Its residents are proud of their town; thankful for an excellent hospital/medical center; enjoy the proximity of Yellowstone National Park, and support their highly rated K-12 school system.
The Madison Valley is primarily cattle-producing country along with rotating crops of hay and grain. Timber is harvested from nearby national forests, and gold mining is making a comeback. It is known for its pleasantly cool summer days and very low humidity. Wintertime brings snow and cold weather, but the sun continues to shine throughout the season, creating a unique and quiet beauty.
The Madison River, which skirts the east side of Ennis, is a blue-ribbon trout stream. The surrounding mountains, including the Madison Range, the Tobacco Roots, and the Gravelly Range, provide excellent habitats for various big game animals.
The Chamber of Commerce website is www.ennischamber.com. Be sure to scroll down to view the exciting video of Ennis, Montana; On the Backroad to Yellowstone National Park.
Madison Valley Baptist Church 5050 Hwy 287 North PO Box 668 Ennis, MT, 59729
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org