Pastor Full Time
Margaret Wynn Memorial Baptist ChurchActive
The congregation of Margaret Wynn Memorial Baptist Church in Poland, OH is seeking a shepherding Pastor who will work alongside us to reach out with compassion in the love and name of Jesus. We are looking for a Pastor who loves people, is skilled and confident in declaring the Word of God, and who models Godly character. The Pastor should be confident in God’s call upon his life and be passionate and energetic in his faith.
We are smaller in number, but not small in faith and love. Our congregation is made up of all age groups that work together in the task of spreading God’s word and are seeking someone that will lead us and direct us in this mission.
We believe the Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the basis for any statement of faith. Our church subscribes to the doctrinal statement of the “Baptist Faith and Message” as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention in 2000. We are a body of baptized believers in Jesus Christ, personally committed to sharing the good news of salvation to the lost. The ordinances of the church are Baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
We are seeking a candidate for Pastor who will be responsible for leading the church to function as a New Testament church. The Pastor will work with the congregation, the organizations, and the church staff to perform their tasks. The Pastor is the leader of pastoral ministries in the church and as such, he works with the deacons and the volunteer church staff to:
- Lead the church in the achievement of its mission.
- Proclaim the gospel to believers and unbelievers.
- Care for the church members and other persons in the community.
As the spiritual leader of the church, the Pastor is responsible to the church for proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ, for teaching the biblical revelation, for engaging in Pastoral care ministries, and for providing leadership in all areas of church life. (l Peter 5: 2-3)
We prefer a candidate with a minimum of three to five years lead pastoral experience and preferable a seminary degree from a Southern Baptist seminary to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Maintain daily prayer time and devotion for spiritual growth (Acts 6:4)
- Spend time in preparation and prayer for the proclamation and teaching of the Word of God (Ephesians 4: 11-12)
- Take time for tending to and nurturing himself and his immediate family so that he may more effectively minister to others. (1 Timothy 3: 1-5)
- Make regular visits to members and prospective members, giving special attention to members who are sick, infirm, or bereaved. (1 Peter 4:11)
- Lead in the ongoing evangelistic outreach of the church. (2 Timothy 4 and 5)
- Proclaim the gospel to believers and unbelievers. (Titus 1:9)
- Plan and conduct the worship services, prepare and deliver sermons, and lead in the observances of the ordinances of the Lord’s Supper and Baptism. (John 21: 15-17
- Conduct counseling sessions, perform wedding ceremonies, conduct funerals. (Acts 20:28)
- Work with the deacons, church officers and committees as they perform their assigned duties. (Ephesians 4:2-3)
- Cooperate with the Southern Baptist associational and state leaders in matters of mutual interest. (Hebrews 13:1)
We have been told by many that once you walk through the front doors of Margaret Wynn Memorial Baptist Church you feel welcome and feel loved. We are looking for a Pastor and family to become part of our family. We have a financial package ready to discuss which includes a three-bedroom parsonage on a 3.5-acre lot in a beautiful area, great community and excellent school system.
If you feel God calling you to apply please submit the following information by e-mail to Pam Mashburn-Pastor Search Chairman ([email protected]) or Jerry Stare-Church Moderator ([email protected]) or by mail to Memorial Baptist Pastor search committee at 56 Water Street, Poland OH 44514:
- Cover letter introducing yourself and your interest in this position.
- Narrative of your salvation testimony (outlining how you came to faith in Jesus Christ).
- Your resume with your ministry experience, educational background and at least 3 references.
- Doctrinal statement- Detailed summary regarding your theological views on core doctrines.
- A link to a few of your sermons.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com