Senior Pastor Full Time
Memorial Baptist Church
873 Pee Dee Ave Norwood, NC 28128Active
Memorial Baptist Church is seeking a new full time Senior Pastor. Memorial is located in Norwood, NC and services the communities of Stanly, Montgomery, and Anson counties. Memorial embodies God’s calling of living out the Word and making disciples. While being a member of the Southern Baptist Convention we adhere to biblical doctrine and teachings. On Sundays we offer two worship services and small groups bible study with an average attendance of 250 members and guests. On Wednesday nights we offer an adult prayer and bible study service as well as vibrant and flourishing Children’s and Youth ministry programs. Additionally located on our church campus is Tillery Christian Academy, a K-12 Christian education school.
Memorial currently employs a Youth Pastor, Children’s Ministry Leader, Worship Ministry Leader, and administrative staff. This lead pastor position will oversee our staff and work closely with our Deacons and Lay Leadership teams. Memorial is seeking a Senior Pastor to continue fulfilling our vision, mission projects, and community outreach programs in service to our Lord Jesus Christ.
Candidate Requirements and Responsibilities:
• Meet the Biblical qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
• Minimum of a Bible College Bachelor of Science degree, a Master of Divinity is preferred
• Have at least 5 years’ experience in multi-staffed church operations overseeing staff or similar experience, lead pastor preferred
• Be an ordained minister of the Gospel
• Possesses a personal faith relationship with Jesus Christ, and lives for Him with commitment and passion
• Thorough knowledge of scripture and a Bible-based approach to ministry
• Lifestyle and home life are reflective of the stated commitment to Jesus Christ
• Must be a dedicated Christian who is an effective teacher and communicator of the Christian faith
• Be an expository preacher of God’s Word
• Demonstrate leadership ability, along with organizational and team building skills
• Be organized and able to oversee and delegate to existing staff and lay leaders
• Regularly share their faith in relational evangelism with unchurched people
• Must be team oriented and an effective communicator with strong relational skills in practicing his ministry
• Be in the regular discipline of praying as part of the ministry of being a pastor
• Develop and communicate vision, strategy, and philosophy of ministry to fulfill MBC’s mission to live out the Word & make disciples
• Be able to recruit and equip new leaders to maturity and improve their skills in ministry
• Practice and support Southern Baptist beliefs and principles as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message (2000)
• Will become a confessing member of Memorial Baptist Church and will support and uphold the beliefs as set forth in the Church Bylaws
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a job with a Southern Baptist church?
Enter your information to be notified as new jobs are posted.