Youth and Children Pastor Part Time
Mount Pleasant Baptist ChurchActive
The candidate will need to fit the qualifications of a pastor as described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-3.
1) Discipleship and Evangelism through the teaching of the Word of God.
Your primary teaching responsibility will be directed towards the youth of MPBC via Sunday school, mid-week services, and any other meetings where teaching would be expected. Along with teaching the youth, you will also be responsible for coordinating teams that will take on the duty of teaching the children of MPBC via Sunday school, children’s church, mid-week services, and any other meetings where teaching would be expected.
2) Developing and maintaining relationships through pastoral care.
Your primary pastoral duty will be directed towards shepherding our children, youth, and their families. This will include, but is not limited to: Attending the various extracurricular activities in which our youth participate, and being present in the life of the families under your care. This will include hospital visits, home visits, counseling sessions, etc. We understand that your most important ministry is your own family, so we would not ask you to attend these events in such a way that your family is neglected.
3) Planning and accompanying our children and youth on various outings throughout the year (i.e. summer camps, fall retreats, day-trips, mission opportunities, etc.).
4) Identifying and equipping the church to help facilitate the work of the ministry among our children and youth.
Given that our children and youth ministries are separate, yet often meet at the same time, it is imperative to train others to help serve in various ways.
5) Work alongside and assist the senior pastor to fulfill pastoral responsibilities as needed.
This could include, but is not limited to: Preaching when the senior pastor is absent. Helping with visitation, funerals, weddings, premarital counseling, etc. Planning worship services alongside of the pastor and music minister. Attending meetings when called upon, helping plan the church calendar, casting vision for the future, working in conjunction with of the mission of the church, etc.
Job Specifications and Requirements
- Bi-vocational: 20-25 hours per week
- Salary: TBD based upon education/experience
- Two-weeks paid vacation
- Professional development expenses (i.e. conference, books, courses, etc.)
- Ordination: The candidate will be ordained or willing to go through the process of ordination (calling)
- Education: Undergrad or graduate degree in related field of ministry preferred, but not required
- Responsible to: Senior pastor
- Doctrine: Must affirm the Baptist Faith and Message 2000, Must become a member of MPBC
Please send resumes to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Looking for a job with a Southern Baptist church?
Enter your information to be notified as new jobs are posted.