Minister to Children Full Time
Mountain View Baptist ChurchActive
Principle Function The Minister of Children is responsible for leading, planning, conducting and evaluating a comprehensive ministry to children from birth through fifth grade.
Supervisor The Minister of Children is accountable to the Senior Pastor.
- A Master of Divinity is preferred.
- Candidate should have at least five years of ministry experience.
- Be supportive of the overall vision of MVBC.
- Enlist, screen, train and encourage children’s leaders.
- Cultivate and lead prospective children and their families to join the church.
- Organize and lead Vacation Bible School, Children’s Camp, Fall Festival and other special events.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Contact at least three church prospects a week.
- Give leadership to children’s worship.
- Provide training and growth opportunities for parents of children.
- Assist in hospital visits.
- Minister to children and families during times of need and special occasions.
- Prepare, submit and administer an annual budget for children’s ministry.
- Follow policy and procedures of children ministry manual.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Annual compensation of approximately $65,000. Commensurate to candidate’s relevant experience.
- Business expenses paid by the church.
- Health, retirement, disability and dental benefits as stipulated in the Personnel Policy Manual.
Church Introduction The purpose of Mountain View Baptist Church is to provide “a place for you to love God through worship, grow people spiritually in a small group, serve people in a ministry, and reach people for Christ.” Our vision is for all members to participate in each of these four purposes every week. We are a body of believers from all walks of life seeking to worship and connect with God through a blended style of worship. Each week we will use a mix of hymns and contemporary praise choruses to create an atmosphere of worship that will allow everyone to move towards a spirit of worship as we seek to corporately praise our great God. This corporate worship time is followed by a message based on the uncompromised Word of God.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org