Senior Pastor Full Time
Mountain View Baptist ChurchActive
Job Title: Senior Pastor
Location: Casper, WY
Mountain View Baptist Church in Mills, WY is actively and prayerfully seeking the man God would have to serve as our new full-time Senior Pastor. We are a vibrant church in the greater Casper, WY area. This man must hold to the tenants presented in the Baptist Faith and Message 2000 and be ready to lead our church under the Lord’s direction.
Submit cover letter, resume, available sermons (a link or in print) and personal references to [email protected].
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Be a faithful student of the Bible, able to present well-organized exegetical and expository sermons and lessons that edify, challenge, and encourage the church and promote the passionate worship of God.
2. Disciple the congregation through Bible study with the aim to develop their Christian maturity and depth of biblical understanding, with life applications and the aim to equip them to grow God’s Kingdom, reach the lost and unchurched, and live out the Great Commission.
3. Act as the principal spiritual leader and vision-caster of the church.
4. Oversee and support staff, lay leaders and deacons, and work with committees to accomplish their respective duties for ministry and church growth in a manner that helps them to thrive independently.
5. Disciple the congregation by motivating, equipping, and nurturing through example, and the preaching and teaching of God’s Word.
6. Facilitate visitation of members and others including persons hospitalized, sick, home-bound, grieving, etc.
7. Communicate with local, associational, state and other Christian leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern, and represent the Church in local civic matters.
8. Provide counseling as qualified, or make referrals to competent agencies or individuals.
9. Lead in observance of church ordinances and officiate at weddings, funerals, and child dedications.
10. Oversee the planning of worship services.
11. Other duties as church and ministry needs change
· Be a humble Christ-centered, Bible based, prayerful, born-again Christian able to proclaim the Word of God
· Born a biological male
· Observant and church-aware
· Ability to relate to a wide range of individuals
· Family oriented
· Teachable and humble
· Unapologetically and lovingly speak the Truth according to the Bible
· Love the people of God with compassionate firmness
· Willing to quickly confront sin
· Work full-time hours
Qualifications and Experience:
· Scripturally called and qualified to hold the office of pastor/elder (1 Timothy 3:2-7, Titus 1:5-9)
· MDiv from accredited, reputable seminary or equivalent experience
· Willingness to pursue further education if no degree held
· 3-5 years experience in a pastoral role
· Holds to Salvation by Grace Alone theology
· Willing to be licensed as a minister in the State of Wyoming
· Appropriate compensation including paid vacation and retirement
A view of our church:
Mountain View is a church of approximately 200 in the Casper suburb of Mills, WY, though most still think of us as “in Casper”. We meet for worship on Sunday mornings at 8:15 and 11:00, with Sunday school classes for all ages at 9:45. Off-site there are men that host small services at the major truck stops on either side of town (east and west). We also gather on Wednesday evenings for dinner fellowship. After dinner, the children and youth attend classes, while the adults gather in the sanctuary for a time of worship through song, small-group prayer, and short teaching. Our worship is contemporary and led by our staff worship pastor.
This is a church that is tightly connected and growing! The last few years have brought significant growth, for which we are excited and grateful. Our congregation is largely made up of tradespeople and down to earth people. When people are absent, others take notice and check in. We are aware of each other’s lives beyond the walls of the church and enjoy fellowshipping together. People are attracted to the church because of our commitment to the Word of God, The Truth, and a willingness to speak on all topics in a Biblical manner.
A view of our community:
The Casper area is considered a city of approximately 60,000 people and is comprised of Casper, Mills, and Evansville. Casper is the second-largest city in Wyoming, and a central hub for shopping and entertainment. Wyoming is a sparsely populated state, so many will travel from smaller towns or rural areas to Casper on a regular basis. Because of this we have large-name retailers. We have and continue seeing great population growth in the last few years as Wyoming took a gentler approach to the pandemic that many are seeking, as well as a lower cost of living (we don’t have food tax or state income tax). This is a transient community as it is still largely based in the energy industry; people come and go with the jobs.
There is still a thriving ranching community and a “spirit of the west” that is alive and well. People tend to be conservative in their values though the majority of residents are unchurched. We’re a rugged people that thrive on outdoor living: hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, mountain biking, snow shoeing, skiing (downhill and cross-country), and more. Casper Mountain is a 20 minute drive from downtown Casper; the Big Horn Mountains, Alcova or Glendo Reservoir are around an hour away. You don’t have to go far to find a river, lake, or mountain to play on. We also see some bigger name artists perform at our Events Center and have other cultural opportunities available.
Our summers are beautiful and fully facilitate outdoor living. The winters are hard and long, with wind and snow. You never know what you’re going to get with spring and fall. This is not an easy place to live, but those that stay do so because they love it. Wyoming is a unique place to call home; those that do are proud to claim it.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Looking for a job with a Southern Baptist church?
Enter your information to be notified as new jobs are posted.