Full Time Youth Pastor Full Time
Mt. Calvary Baptist ChurchActive
Mt. Calvary Baptist Church (MCBC) in Cochran, Georgia is seeking a new, full time Youth Pastor who will help us revamp, strengthen, and grow our youth ministry. The position comes with administrative support, great volunteers, and tremendous potential to reach families in and around our community.
MCBC is a growing Family of Faith located in a rural community in middle Georgia. MCBC is home to approximately 200 members and currently employs a full time Senior Pastor, part time Music Minister, part time Associate Pastor, part time Youth Pastor and a part time administrator support professional. Besides filling the full time Youth Pastor Position, MCBC is also seeking a part time Director of Children’s Ministry.
- Responsible for providing pastoral and program leadership and support to 6th through 12th grade students and their families
- Work with and oversee the Director of Children’s Ministry to assist in forming a vision and process for the discipleship of children and their families
- Implement effective and dynamic Biblical teaching, worship, discipleship, and fellowship for Sunday school, Sunday night, and midweek services
- Plan, organize, and lead the training of youth workers/volunteers and be responsible for the safety of youth at church sponsored activities
- Lead special events, camps, retreats, and fellowship for teenagers
- Attend all worship services and be available before and after to minister as needed
- Develop a yearly budget for youth programs and ensure that proper expenditure protocols are followed for all youth ministry expenses.
- Ensure Sundays entail youth participation in church service during worship, prayer, testimonies, as well as ushering responsibilities
- Participate in local schools and community events to provide guidance and encouragement to MCBC youth outside of church
- Create student ministries that are creative, attractive and provide a “fun factor and energy.” Provide relevant environments to which MCBC youth would feel comfortable inviting their non-Christian friends
- Maintain contact with students and parents informing them of ongoing activities using all available avenues (website, email, text, Facebook, bulletin boards, etc)
- Create and Maintain an MCBC Youth Ministries social media presence
- Keep parents/guardians updated on ministry strategies and plans to encourage a partnership agreement with involvement at least quarterly
- Assist Senior Pastor with ministerial duties as time allows, potential to fulfill pulpit duties if needed
- Personal salvation experience and desire to share the gospel with youth
- Evidence of a strong and growing relationship with Christ
- Current active membership in a church of like faith and practice, and willingness to transfer membership to MCBC.
- Experience in leading and being a part of a Youth Ministry
- Good people skills and communication abilities
- Provide leadership and creativity to a growing youth ministry, while executing the mission and vision of MCBC.
- Ability to inspire students to find life in Christ, grow in their Christian walk, gain knowledge of the Bible, and equip them to share their faith with others
MCBC will be accepting candidates for consideration until position is fulfilled. To become a candidate for consideration please email ([email protected]) or mail ( MCBC ATTN: Search Committee 134 Abney Road Cochran, GA 31014) a cover letter describing your testimony, involvement in Youth ministry, and anything else you would like us to know, as well as a resume and five references. Candidate must be willing to undergo a background check.
Job Type: Full Time
MCBC Website: https://www.mcbccochran.com
MCBC Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/mcbccochran/
To apply for this job email your details to Mcbccochranpastorsearch@gmail.com