Associate Pastor of Administration and Discipleship Full Time
Nassau Bay Baptist Church
18131 Nassau Bay Drive, Houston, TX 77058Active
Administration and Discipleship
NASSAU BAY BAPTIST CHURCH – HOUSTON, TX
1. Position Title: Associate Pastor of Administration and Discipleship
· Reports to the Senior Pastor
· Held accountable by the Senior Pastor through the Personnel Committee
2. Qualifications: The Assistant Pastor should meet the qualifications of an elder as listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. Other qualifications may include the following:
· Experience: A minimum of five years of experience in a similar position.
· Statement of Faith: Must be in agreement with the Baptist Faith & Message 2000.
· Education: Degree from an accredited evangelical seminary.
3. Ministry Responsibilities: To oversee the equipping of the saints in the areas of evangelism, discipleship, and education for ministry in God’s Kingdom work and reaching the lost with the gospel within the NBBC sphere of influence. Under the leadership of the senior pastor, function as the church administrator in organizing and coordinating the operation of the church office and personnel in accordance with the NBBC Personnel Policy.
· Equipping the Saints: Works to train NBBC saints to be active disciples of Christ as doers of the word through study of the Bible and daily application.
· Evangelism: Lead by example in personal evangelism. Provide training as needed to the membership in the area of personal evangelism.
· Administration: Lead the NBBC office to operate in an orderly manner in accordance with the NBBC Personnel Policy. To serve as an ex-officio member of committees or ministry teams as assigned by the senior pastor.
4. Specific Duties:
a. Provide oversight to all aspects of discipleship and education within the church
b. Maintain the theological integrity of all aspects of education to strict standards of biblical accuracy.
c. Recruit, train, and lead volunteers to serve as Bible study teachers, department directors, and disciple-making facilitators. Ensure all teachers/facilitators adhere to strict standards of biblical accuracy.
d. Work with other staff members to organize, develop, and implement a comprehensive Bible study and disciple-making plan for the church.
a. Work with the pastoral staff to provide oversight to all aspects of outreach and evangelism for the church.
b. Establish and maintain a regular outreach pastoral care ministry involving all ministers to maintain contact with all hospital and homebound NBBC members.
c. Develop and implement a plan on how to follow up on all church visitors.
a. Work with the Mission Committee and pastor to develop a comprehensive mission strategy for the church.
b. Work with the Missions Committee in planning and organizing short-term and mid-term mission activities and projects
a. Implement and ensure adherence to the NBBC Personnel Policies.
b. Coordinate NBBC Personnel Policy changes with the Personnel Committee.
c. Establish yearly NBBC personnel performance plans and ensure performance plan evaluations are performed in accordance with the NBBC Personnel Policy.
d. Coordinate church functions with the church calendar and resolve calendaring conflicts.
e. Work with the Stewardship Committee in preparing and implanting the annual ministry budget.
5. General Pastoral Duties
· Work with other pastors to ensure that all ministries coordinate together with the wider direction of the church as established by the Senior Pastor.
· Handle pastoral duties as called upon, which includes but is not limited to hospital visitation, counseling, teaching, and community outreach.
6. Personal Spiritual Health
· Pray regularly for NBBC and the families and ministries therein.
· Maintain a healthy devotional and home life.
· Be diligent to remain biblically qualified to serve as an associate pastor (1 Tim 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Looking for a job with a Southern Baptist church?
Enter your information to be notified as new jobs are posted.