Worship Leader Part Time
North Fort Myers First Baptist ChurchActive
Worship Leader (Part-Time)
The Worship Leader position at North Fort Myers First Baptist Church is a part-time, salaried position. The individual must have a sense of calling to work with the music ministry and endeavor to bring excellence to the church’s worship of God. This person is expected to work under the leadership and authority of the pastor. Additionally, he/she will recognize their accountability to the Personnel Committee, the entire church body, and to Jesus Christ.
At North Fort Myers First Baptist Church we are becoming fully devoted followers of Christ by belonging together, believing in Christ alone, and blessing our world!
Philosophy of Worship:
“A faithful worship leader magnifies the greatness of God in Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit by skillfully combining God’s Word with music, thereby motivating the gathered church to proclaim the gospel, to cherish God’s presence, and to live for God’s glory.” – Bob Kauflin, Worship Matters
The Worship Leader will serve as the “producer” of all worship experiences at North Fort Myers First Baptist Church.
▪ Work together with the Lead Pastor to build the services including all thematic and creative elements.
▪ Creatively lead and inspire people to worship and exalt God.
▪ A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, personal relationship with Him
▪ Commitment to personal, moral purity.
▪ Primary creator of and/or volunteer coordinator for each of these areas.
▪ Agreement with the North Fort Myers First Baptist Church Statement of Faith.
▪ Commitment to the mission, vision, and strategy of North fort Myers First Baptist Church.
▪ Be a member or become a member of North Fort Myers First Baptist church.
▪ Music education or at least two years of experience directing congregational worship and choral groups in church worship settings or similar experience with responsibilities for all areas of creative arts including print media, webpage, and social media.
Skills and Abilities:
▪ Must be an accomplished musician with the ability to lead worship vocally.
▪ The ability to recruit, motivate, lead, organize and disciple volunteers.
▪ Working knowledge or willingness to learn streaming platforms, Planning Center, Pro Presenter, Lighting.
▪ Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a church in worship.
▪ Must possess good people and organizational skills.
▪ A motivated, self-starter who takes the initiative in the music ministry, while maintaining clear and active communication with the pastor and church staff.
▪ Plan the corporate worship services in consultation with the Pastor with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness. This includes song selection, media preparation, sound, and lighting, etc. This can also include adults, youth, children, and special events such as Vacation Bible School and Holiday cantatas.
▪ Oversee scheduling of and communication to worship leaders, worship team members, and audio/visual technicians for weekend services.
▪ Recruit new worship ministry volunteers, providing coaching and oversight of the training.
▪ Direct all weekly rehearsals necessary to facilitate excellent worship services.
Note: North fort Myers First Baptist Church reserves the right to change or reassign job duties or combine positions at any time deemed appropriate. The church will notify the Worship Leader prior to any changes being implemented.
Salary: If the Candidate chosen is available 10 hours a week, the yearly salary range is up to $10,ooo – $12,ooo. If the Candidate chosen is available 20 hours a week, the yearly salary range is up to $20,000.
All correspondence is to go to: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org