Associate Pastor of Discipleship Full Time
Northern Heights Baptist ChurchActive
Northern Heights Baptist Church
Associate Pastor of Discipleship
Northern Heights Baptist Church in Norfolk, Nebraska is a growing and thriving church, driven by God’s Word and passionate about God’s Glory, His Gospel, and extending His Kingdom. We are a highly relational church with a heart for true discipleship and incorporating our Spanish Ministry into the overall life of the church. We are currently seeking an Associate Pastor of Discipleship. We have a great desire to strengthen Discipleship in our church as we are called to do in Matthew 28, and are seeking the individual who can work with our leadership team to implement this strategy. This position is a full time position with a very competitive salary package. This person will work closely with other pastoral staff and ministry leaders to lead/shepherd families.
Scope of the position:
- The ideal candidate will have a heart for discipleship, sound doctrine, relationships and will enjoy working collaboratively with other leaders as a team to see disciples made. This person should have a heart for Biblical Manhood and understand how this relates to the overall health of family and church life.
- Overseeing and training the leaders of the existing ministries, which includes our Sunday Morning Impact Groups (adult), Small Groups, Men’s and Women’s ministries, etc.
- Overseeing the process of discipleship of new believers and new members from conception to maturity.
- Assist with the oversight of leadership development.
We are looking for someone who:
- Excels at leading and developing leaders and delegating tasks.
- Is proficient in assembling teams in a collaborative ministry.
- Can bring innovative thinking to the ministries he is responsible for.
- Has a passion for God, His Word and helping people grow in their faith.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Seminary Degree preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates with 3 or more years of experience.
This position reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
- Bible Study Groups: Work with a team and Oversee and lead our church in a gospel centered disciple making culture that is consistent with the values and mission of the church.
- Outreach: Work with a team and oversee and lead our church in a strategy to engage, love, and minister to our community.
- Assimilation: Develop and lead our church in a strategy to help guests feel welcomed, take next steps, get connected in Bible Study groups, and engaged in service.
- Equipping: Ensure that every member has the opportunity to be well trained to serve the church, share the gospel, and disciple others.
- Ministry Teams and Committees: Determine the ministry needs of our church, help members identify their gifting, and develop systems to help people serve.
- General Pastoral Duties: This position is first and foremost a pastoral position. Therefore there are several pastoral duties that this person will be expected to perform.
- Please submit a cover letter, resume, and transcripts to Northern Heights Baptist Church. PO Box 1311, Norfolk, NE 68702 c/o Personnel Team or email to [email protected] and in the subject put Associate Pastor of Discipleship.
- If available please attach Strengthsfinder assessment results. If not available, a link to this profile assessment will be given to you during the interview process.
- Please submit two professional and two personal references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com