Pastor of Spiritual Formation Full Time
Northwest Bible ChurchActive
PASTOR OF SPIRITUAL FORMATION
Job Description | April 2020
The primary responsibility of the Pastor of Spiritual Formation is to lead in the implementation of the vision of Northwest Bible Church, with a particular emphasis on discipleship and member care. This includes oversight of our small group and community group ministries. The Pastor of Spiritual Formation must be a servant leader with the ability to think strategically about NWBC’s shepherding care and discipleship efforts, effectively organize and execute that strategy, and encourage members of NWBC to be joyfully involved in those efforts. This position gives final report to the elders and is supervised by the Pastor of Preaching and Vision. He will function in the following roles:
Pastor and Elder
First and foremost, the Pastor of Spiritual Formation will serve as a shepherd for the members of NWBC.
- Serve as an Elder of NWBC.
- Participate in and/or lead a NWBC Community Group and Small Group.
- Teach, preach, and lead publicly as necessary.
- Disciple and counsel NWBC members as necessary, including marital and pre-marital counseling, etc.
- Attend staff meetings, staff debriefing meetings, and other gatherings of the staff.
- Attend meetings of and assist in leadership of NWBC Pastoral Internship.
- Attend the services of the church and address problems and needs as they arise.
Shepherding and Member Care
- Supervise benevolence funds disbursements with the Deacon of Benevolence.
- Lead in providing pastoral care for members by initiating contact with members with known physical and spiritual needs.
- Coordinate member care with deacons and the leaders of the men’s and women’s ministries.
- Communicate regularly with elders about member care situations.
- Oversee the pastoral care for members who have not been attending faithfully.
- Oversee members in transition to other churches by keeping close contact with members who are no longer attending NWBC until they are transferred to another church or otherwise are no longer members.
Oversee Small Group Ministry
- Oversee men’s and women’s small groups and provide logistical support and practical guidance to Small Group leaders.
- Facilitate placement of new members into Small Groups, as well as transfers from one group to another.
- Develop and provide opportunities for ongoing training and encouragement for Small Group Leaders.
- Facilitate and maintain strong lines of communication between Small Group Leaders and the Elders.
- Serve as point-person for situations in which Small Group Leaders need further pastoral support.
Oversee Community Group Ministry
- Oversee and manage the church’s Community Group structure.
- Identify, train, and support new Community Group Leaders as needed.
- Develop and provide opportunities for ongoing training and encouragement for Community Group Leaders.
- Serve as point-person for situations in which Community Group Leaders need further pastoral support.
Associate Pastor Requirements:
- A man who exhibits the character and competences outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Peter 5;1-4; and Acts 6:4.
- Minimum of a Master of Divinity degree or equivalent from an evangelical seminary is strongly preferred
- Previous pastoral experience is preferred.
- A demonstrated ability in expository preaching and teaching, leadership, shepherding, relationship building, discipleship, evangelism, equipping/empowering others, and counseling.
- Agreement with the Statement of Faith, Membership Covenant and Core Values of Northwest Bible Church.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com