Family Pastor Full Time
Ogletown Baptist ChurchActive
ABOUT THE CHURCH
EST. 1958 NEWARK, DE 600+ MEMBERS SOUTHERN BAPTIST
Ogletown Baptist Church is located in Newark, Delaware. Our 600+ members come from Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey. Originally founded in 1958, Ogletown cooperates with the Southern Baptist Convention for missions and discipleship. We are a growing family of believers called to love neighbors, make disciples, and build each other up. We host two weekly Sunday services along with weekly Sunday Bible Studies for adults, and ministries to children, teenagers and college students. We partner with local and global ministries and other local churches for the spreading of the gospel in our area and around the world.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Family Pastor is a godly, competent, engaging leader who will provide high-level direction and pastoral leadership for all of our next generation ministries (preschool through high school), giving pastoral oversight to children and teens as well as programs, events, staff, parents and volunteers. These ministries are aimed at presenting the gospel and biblical truth clearly and consistently, as well as laying a foundation for a lifetime of following Jesus in the context of being a member of a local church. He will give special attention and direction as the leader of Student Ministry (6th through 12th grades). This role also includes general pastoral aspects, including serving on the Shepherding Team at Ogletown.
The Family Pastor will report to the Senior Pastor, directly in conjunction with the Executive Director.
• Lead Student Ministry (6th-12th grade) to offer God-centered, Jesus-focused, parent-equipping, and mission-minded discipleship, coordinating, training, and equipping Student Ministry volunteers and/or staff
• Oversee events, including Sunday morning classes, weekly activities, events and retreats
• Know, shape, and champion the next generation ministries of Ogletown ensuring a safe, secure, nurturing and fun environment for the next generation of Ogletown
• Create and nurture disciple-making relationships, equipping children, students, and parents to follow Jesus faithfully
• Communicate openly, regularly and effectively to volunteers, parents, and guests
• Supervise, support, and guide the Preschool Ministry Director and Children’s Ministry Director.
• Assist as needed with pastoral functions of the church including prayer, counseling, visitation, teaching and other functions directed by the Senior Pastor and Executive Director
• Serve as a non-rotating member of the Shepherding Team
• Participate in leadership meetings (such as staff meetings and members meetings)
• Meets the requirements for a pastor given in Scripture • Exemplifies a love for God & people, demonstrating the fruit
of the Spirit • Affirms the Church Covenant and Articles of Faith (The
Baptist Faith and Message, 2000) in order to be a member in
good standing at Ogletown Baptist Church • Resolves conflict actively and graciously, as taught in Scripture • Evidences gifting and skill in ministry, leadership, decision-
making, administration and delegation • Demonstrates the ability to teach, train, and equip others • Fosters a team atmosphere with male and female ministry leaders
and church staff
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• Compensation is salaried, exempt status with a full benefits package
• Reimbursement account for meals with volunteers or ministry leaders
• Reimbursement account for materials regarding personal education (on a case-by-case scenario) EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Must possess a bachelors degree. Additional theological education preferred
• Should have substantive ministry experience
Ogletown Baptist Church | Newark, DE | 302.737.2511 | www.ogletown.org | To apply, visit: www.ogletown.org/employment
To apply for this job please visit ogletown.org.