Director of Student Discipleship Part Time
Old Town ChurchActive
- Reports to: Discipleship Pastor
- Hours: Part time (20 hours per week)
- Compensation: Salary ($15,000-18,000/yr)
- Duration: The duration of this position is determinate on the hiring of a full-time director
- Supervises: OTC Students, Team Leaders, and Volunteers
The Director of Student Discipleship will provide leadership, oversight, and vision to developing systems and strategies for the discipleship of students (6th grade – college) of Old Town Church. The goal of Student Discipleship is to equip the students of Old Town Church to help one another know and follow Jesus.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
In order to effectively fulfill this role at Old Town Church, the Director of Student Discipleship must have the following competencies and qualifications:
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ marked by the fruit of the Spirit
- Comprehensive understanding of the gospel and its impact on everyday life
- Active in biblical community and committed to missional living
- Dependent on prayer
- Theological alignment with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000
- Passion and desire for the discipleship of students and families of OTC
- Initiative and discernment in decision-making
- Servant leader who leads with a heart of humility
- Ability to think creatively, critically, and strategically
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in large and small groups
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity
- Active covenant partner of OTC (or willing to become a covenant partner).
- Create a culture of discipleship among student ministry volunteers and parents.
- Recruit, develop, and equip volunteers to own the discipleship of students and families.
- Works with the Discipleship Pastor and volunteers to think creatively, critically, and strategically to build discipleship systems.
- Explore, select, and implement a gospel-centered curriculum for student discipleship.
- Help develop and implement all weekly operations for OTC Students.
- Provide leadership and oversight to any physical spaces utilized by OTC Students.
- Ensure safety and security policies are communicated and implemented in all Student Discipleship environments.
- Provide care to the families of OTC Students as needed.
- Minister to students, volunteers, partners, and attenders at OTC events.
- Pursue relational discipleship with students and ensure this is happening for all students at OTC.
- Plan the annual student ministry calendar.
- Communicate all relevant student ministry information with staff, parents, and volunteers.
- Work with other ministry teams to help students participate and serve in the life of OTC.
- Assist and lead students in taking next steps in their walk with Christ (i.e., baptism, covenant partnership).
- Raise up and disciple student leaders within the student ministry.
- Plan, manage, and execute volunteer trainings and meetings.
- Partner with parents to assist with the discipleship of their children.
The following are additional responsibilities and time commitments:
- Be present at OTC events (worship service, partner gatherings, etc.).
- Attend regular staff meetings.
- Work closely with OTC Pastors and Staff in the pursuit of the churchwide mission to make disciples for the glory of God. At times this may include taking on responsibilities outside of student discipleship. This would be minimal given the allocation of hours for this position.
- Other duties as assigned by the Pastors
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter and resume to Trevor King, Discipleship Pastor at [email protected] by October 31, 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a job with a Southern Baptist church?
Enter your information to be notified as new jobs are posted.