Director/Pastor of Children’s Ministry Full Time
Pleasant Valley Community ChurchActive
Pleasant Valley Community Church is an elder-led, Gospel-centered church that has a rare balance of being both driven to do whatever it takes to see the Gospel saturate the city, while at the same time prioritizing the health and soul-care of its leaders and their families. Starting with a core group of 25 people nearly 15 years ago, Pleasant Valley Community Church has been committed to Knowing God and Making God Known as they focus on discipleship and multiplication for the glory of God. Over the years, PVCC has grown to a weekly attendance of 800-900 people. PVCC has planted three healthy churches in the region, and recently raised up and sent out its first international church planters to Eastern Europe. They are also members of both the Harbor (formerly Sojourn) Network and the Southern Baptist Convention.
Pleasant Valley Community Church is looking for a Director of Children’s Ministry who will shepherd and care for the souls of the children of PVCC while equipping parents to be the primary disciple-makers in their homes and mobilizing families to live out our mission of Knowing God and Making God Known.
Pleasant Valley is located in Owensboro, Kentucky, a riverfront town known for its unique blend of smaller-town life and a thriving art and culture scene. A town of 60,000 people, Owensboro boasts world-class amenities including a revitalized downtown and riverfront park that is consistently named on top-10 lists from publications like USA Today. Live music can be heard along the riverfront nightly in the warmer months, especially outside the International Bluegrass Museum. Owensboro is the birthplace of Bluegrass music and mutton barbecue.
Ellie Mae and Business Insider named Owensboro as one of the top 11 cities in the country where millennials are moving, largely due to the growing number of businesses that are relocating there to take advantage of the extremely affordable housing, great schools, rich culture, and proximity to larger cities like Louisville, Nashville, and St. Louis. The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary is just an hour and a half drive away in Louisville, and you can be in Nashville in under two hours. Politically, the city leans conservative. There is a strong Catholic presence that has shaped the religious background of many people there, three college campuses, and a growing foreign refugee community which all present a tremendous opportunity for the Gospel.
Summary: To fulfill the mission of Pleasant Valley Community Church by loving and serving the kids of our community and equipping parents to disciple their children.
KEY OUTCOMES AND GOALS
Key Outcome #1: Oversee Sunday Morning Children’s Experiences and Special Family Events
- Provide a welcoming, fun, and safe environment to care for kids’ souls as they encounter the Gospel.
- Lead part-time employees and the 100 current Valley Kids volunteers as they help execute the vision, as well as recruiting and training new volunteers.
- Pursue excellence as proportional to the relative needs and expectations of the church as it grows.
- Plan and execute special events and programs for children and families throughout the year.
Key Outcome #2: Create a Discipleship Culture Within the Context of the Family Ministry
- Build a team culture that helps parents and volunteers see the importance of their role in the discipleship of children.
- Hold trainings and provide resources that will help parents grow into more effective disciple-makers in the home.
- Work alongside the Pastor of Next Generation Ministry to create synergy between the Children’s and Student Ministries, identifying key milestones to celebrate with families as you walk with them over time.
- Exhibits exemplary Christian character in both words and deeds.
- Alignment with Pleasant Valley’s theology, mission, vision, values, and culture statements.
- A history of developing leaders and leading teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience preferred.
- High level of organizational skill and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Humility and a commitment to continually learn, grow, and be shaped by the Spirit.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com