Associate Pastor Full Time
Poolesville Baptist ChurchActive
Ministry Focus: Children, Youth, Outreach
General Job Description
The Associate Pastor is one who is gifted and is called to church ministry, loves people, and has a passion for evangelism, outreach, and discipleship both personally and in ministry within a multi-generational congregation. He has a passion for the Word of God and a desire to teach and proclaim the Word of God with conviction and confidence, always moving the congregation towards consistent spiritual growth. The Associate Pastor is one who casts a vision for the ministries under his direction – specifically children and youth. He lives out the Great Commission by sharing the gospel boldly in teaching and preaching opportunities, by being in the community, and through one-on-one relationships.
Detailed Job Description
The following defines the specific functions performed by the Associate Pastor:
- As an elder, work with the other elders in shepherding the congregation.
- Participate with the elders in the overall vision casting and leadership of the church’s teaching and discipleship ministry.
- Assist the elders in equipping the congregation in evangelism and outreach.
- Oversee the children and youth ministries – working with the volunteers to cultivate a nurturing and discipleship-oriented environment that leads toward evangelism. Recruit and train volunteers for these ministries as needed.
- Work within personal gifting in the overall discipleship ministry of the church (discipleship groups, special small groups, classes) while leading toward evangelism.
- Preach several times a year and be prepared to be the emergency backup speaker in case of last minute need.
- Visit members in their homes, hospital, and care facilities.
- Conduct funerals and weddings as needed.
- Provide pastoral care to children, youth, and families
- Provide confidential pastoral counseling in emergencies and on a short-term basis
- Exhibit evidence of Christian character and servant leadership as stated in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4 in work environment as well as in home/family setting.
- Give evidence of a spiritually balanced life (prayer, Bible study, rest, worship, financial stewardship).
- Doctrinally aligned with PBC’s Statement of Faith, doctrinal positions, mission, and core values.
- Give evidence of a strong work ethic and personal integrity, having convictions, yet gracious and humble.
Education & Skills
- Engaging experienced teacher/presenter who can bring practical life application to the Scriptures
- Demonstrate outstanding verbal, written, and electronic communication skills in preaching, teaching, discipling, counseling, and evangelizing
- Demonstrate wisdom and ability to guide a seeker to become a baptized disciple of Jesus
- Knowledge and ability to use the Bible to guide a new disciple to ongoing spiritual maturity
- Bachelor Degree preferably from a Christian college or university with emphasis in Theology, Pastoral Ministry, Discipleship, Education or Church Leadership
- Seminary/Graduate Degree is helpful with emphasis in Theology, Pastoral Ministry, Discipleship, Education or Church Leadership
Hours & Benefits
The Associate Pastor will be classified as a full-time, exempt employee. Benefits offered will be consistent with the current policy for insurance, paid time off (PTO) and holidays. This is a minimum 40 hour per week position.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected].
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com