Full Time or Bi-Vocational Senior Pastor Full Time
Poplar Springs Baptist ChurchActive
Full-time or Bi-Vocational Senior Pastor PART TIME
Poplar Springs Baptist Church
1098 Lovewood Road, Graceville, Florida 32440
Poplar Springs Baptist Church is a small rural church in northwest Florida located in Jackson County with a population of 46,414 (2019 estimate). Marianna is the County Seat. We are a very friendly and loving church with a strong support of missions both local, statewide, U.S. and international. We have often been recognized for the highest giving per capita in the local Baptist Association. We do have a Pastorium which is currently under remodeling.
Poplar Springs Baptist Church is in a season of expectation as we are in the prayerful and deliberate process of seeking to fill our Pastor position. We are excited about this process and are trusting the Lord will provide the right person. The candidate must be a licensed, ordained minister who is called by God and equipped to effectively preach and teach the Word of God. The candidate must also possess the biblical and spiritual qualities as outlined in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
The Pastor will lead the congregation to carry out the purpose and mission of Poplar Springs Baptist Church in accordance with the Constitution and By-Laws. The Pastor is to embody the essence of a shepherd and servant leader. Poplar Springs Baptist Church is seeking a Pastor who will develop personal relationships with members so that they can be personally ministered to and they can minister to the Pastor. Also, a Pastor who will act as a mediator and agent of reconciliation in the church to bring people together under Christ.
Some of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position are:
- Plan and conduct worship services; prepare and deliver sermons and lead in observance of the church ordinances.
- Lead the church in an effective evangelism program and in a caring ministry for those in the church and community.
- Lead an effective program of visiting members and prospects.
- Conduct counseling sessions, perform wedding ceremonies and conduct funerals.
- Cooperate with the local association, state convention, and Southern Baptist Convention leadership in matters of mutual interest and concern. Represent the church in civic matters.
- Act as moderator of the church business meetings. (Unless someone else is elected as moderator.)
- Work with deacons, church officers, and committees as they perform their assigned responsibilities.
Thank you for your interest in Poplar Springs Baptist Church and your willingness to work with us as we search for our next Pastor. In order to find out more about our applicants and make an informed decision, we request that you provide us with the following materials:
- Your resume and letter of interest
- Link to recent sermons (if not available you may email audio files or mail CD to the address below)
- No application will be considered complete until all of the above have been received. You may submit your materials as email attachments to [email protected]. Materials may also be submitted by USPS mail to:
- Poplar Springs Baptist Church
Attn: Pastor Search Committee
1098 Lovewood Road
Graceville, Florida 32440
- Poplar Springs Baptist Church
Please feel free to contact us via email if you have any questions.
Thank you for participating in our search process. You can be confident that all materials provided will be kept in absolute confidence. Please pray with us that God will be honored in this process and that He will lead the man to us whom He has chosen.
In His Service,
Pastor Search Committee
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org