Associate Pastor of Youth & Music (Full-Time) Full Time
Poquoson Baptist ChurchActive
Poquoson Baptist Church is seeking to fill a full-time position responsible to assist the current Lead Pastor and elders. In addition to other general pastoral duties, he will be expected to provide pastoral leadership to the Youth Ministry and Music Ministry of Poquoson Baptist Church.
The Associate Pastor must be confident in his call to vocational ministry. He must have a love for Christ, a heart for shepherding, a strong theological foundation for his ministry, and lead his family to be committed to the life and health of Poquoson Baptist Church.
- Must meet the biblical qualifications for overseer found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Must be a male and, if married, his relationship with his wife must exemplify Christlikeness.
- Must possess and demonstrate ability to preach and teach, relate to and mentor people of various age groups, oversee various ministries, and equip others for ministry.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision and must be able to balance work and home life.
- Must wholeheartedly affirm the Baptist Faith & Message 2000 and the PBC Statement of Faith.
- Must live and minister in submission to the PBC Constitution & Bylaws and the PBC Covenant.
- Must be able to work well with Elders, Deacons, Staff, Members, and outside organizations.
- Must possess abilities to lead music in a wide range of styles including traditional hymns and contemporary congregational music.
- Must possess ability to lead worship and to train others as individual and team worship leaders.
- Education: Master of Divinity or equivalent is desired but not required.
- Experience: Related ministry experience is desired but not required.
- The Associate Pastor reports to the Lead Pastor and the elders.
- As a staff elder, the Associate Pastor has general oversight, along with the other elders, of all ministries of Poquoson Baptist Church.
ESTIMATED TIME COMMITMENT
- Required 40 hours per week.
- Attendance at the following meetings is mandatory:
- Weekly meetings at Poquoson Baptist Church, including Sunday School, Sunday Worship, and Fellowship Group
- Weekly Staff Meetings
- Weekly Elders Meetings
- Quarterly Members Meetings
1. Pastoral Ministry
- Provide pastoral assistance to the Lead Pastor and other elders in caring for the members of Poquoson Baptist Church by praying for, visiting, and calling church members regularly.
- Assist the Lead Pastor and other elders in the general oversight of all ministries of the church.
- Participate in preaching and teaching opportunities.
- Pray regularly for the health of the church.
2. Youth Ministry
- Shepherd and disciple the students and families of the Youth Ministry (grades 6-12).
- Develop an intentional evangelistic outreach ministry to students in our community.
- Enlist, equip, and train individuals for service in the Youth Ministry.
- Oversee an annual youth calendar, focusing on integrating students into the life of the church.
- Prepare and submit the Youth Ministry annual budget to the Deacon of Finance.
- Pray regularly for the Youth Ministry.
3. Music Ministry
- Oversee the planning and preparing for corporate worship services, including a weekly practice.
- Lead congregational singing or ensure volunteer leaders are equipped and prepared to lead.
- Enlist, equip, and train individuals for service in the Music Ministry.
- Supervise maintenance and procurement of music equipment including A/V equipment, instruments, sound boards, computers, projection equipment, supplies and more.
- Prepare and submit the Music Ministry annual budget to the Deacon of Finance.
- Pray regularly for the Music Ministry.
SELECTION AND APPOINTMENT
Appointment for this position requires the approval of the membership of PBC. Selection will be overseen by the elders utilizing the following process:
Application—A man can apply for this position by submitting the following to [email protected]:
- Ministry Resumé
- Testimony of conversion and calling to ministry
- Associate Pastor Application
Screening—Applicants will be carefully screened by a Search Team consisting of the four PBC elders and three PBC members. Each applicant should be screened to ensure he meets the qualifications for the position as stated above. Screening should also include a careful examination of the following four elements:
- Calling—is he really called to serve in this capacity?
- Character—does his personal and family life comply with the qualifications for ministry leadership in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
- Competence—does he have the gifts, talents and capabilities required for this position?
- Chemistry—does he have the relational chemistry to work in partnership with the Lead Pastor, Elders, Staff, and other church members?
Nomination—Upon successful completion of the screening process, the elders will formally nominate the individual. Notice shall be given at two Sunday morning services prior to the vote at a special Members Meeting. Since the individual would have already undergone a careful screening process, members will be encouraged to submit concerns in writing to the elders.
Appointment—The appointment of an Associate Pastor of Youth & Music shall take place at a Sunday morning Members Meeting set aside for that purpose. The election shall be by ballot with an affirmative vote of three-quarters (75%) of the members present and voting on the question being necessary to affirm the appointment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org