Children’s Director/Minister/Pastor Full Time
Purcellville Baptist ChurchActive
Purpose + Function
Purcellville Baptist Church (PBC) believes within the role and the call of a leader of ministry is to equip the saints for the work of the Lord’s ministry in order to build up the body of Christ (Ephesians 4:11-13).
The Children’s Director/Minister/Pastor will take ownership of the Elementary Ministry and provide oversight for the Preschool Ministry. The Children’s Director/Minister/Pastor will provide direct oversight, administration, and spiritual guidance for the Elementary Ministry (1st – 5th grades), of Purcellville Baptist Church, under the oversight of the Discipleship Pastor. The Children’s Director will provide direction for the Preschool Director and ministry for birth through 5th grade.
· Have a maturing relationship with God.
· Called to minister and teach to the rising generations.
· Shares the vision of Purcellville Baptist Church.
· Committed to spiritual, emotional, and physical health.
· Equips families for discipleship.
· Finds balance between creativity and organization.
· Leans in to work, takes initiative, claims ownership of tasks.
· Trusted by parents within the ministry.
· Invests in volunteers and leaders.
- Reports to the Discipleship Pastor.
· Ownership of the Elementary Ministry (birth through 5th grade) and provide oversight for the Preschool Ministry
a. Overall development of ministry to help children know God, find freedom, discover purpose, and make a difference.
b. Recruit and develop a team of vunteers to lead the Elementary ministry during all services on Sunday.
c. Implement curriculum that is theologically sound and fits into the church-wide vision.
d. Provide ministry to the parents/guardians of the Elementary students as needed and as appropriate.
e. Ensure adherence to all child protection policies.
f. Ensure facility and equipment is maintained at a high level of safety and cleanliness.
· Support and participate in church-wide events.
a. Partner with and support church-wide events related to discipleship and family ministry.
b. Play a main leadership role in representing the church.
· Attend and participate in staff meetings.
· All other duties as assigned that further the mission and vision of Purcellville Baptist Church.
· Bachelor’s degree. Preference would be in a field of ministry.
· Previous experience in vocational ministry preferred.
Qualification + Experience
· Be a Spirit-led person of prayer committed to moving the Elementary ministry to abundant life in Christ.
· Production of teaching material and curriculum.
· Communication skills in various formats (digital, social media, interpersonal, etc).
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
· Critical Thinking.
· Ability to monitor ministry under guidance of Discipleship Pastor.
· Event coordination/planning.
· Managing of volunteers (coaching, recruiting, training, scheduling, and ministry needs).
· Continual researching of other Ministry programs and spiritual trends.
· Attending and participating in staff meetings.
· Community ministry involvement.
· Department ministry (at least 35 hours per week)
· Staff Meetings (2 hours per week)
· Community Ministry involvement (4 hours per week)
· Ability to monitor safety of students while in care to be aware of surroundings and to identify safety issues before and when they occur.
· Ability to respond to emergency situations that may include providing CPR or contacting help.
· Ability to remain stationary for extended periods of time while discipling, teaching, or waiting through a student event.
· Ability to communicate with students and parents.
Salary Structure + Benefits
· Position is exempt for labor management purposes
· Full Time with Benefits
If you are interested in being a part of a team that will help create and implement a new curriculum and culture with the PBC Elementary Ministry, please go to www.purbap.org/employment to fill out an application.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com