Bi-Vocational Pastor Part Time
Quimby Baptist ChurchActive
- We are located in Quimby, Iowa a small town of around 300 people in rural Cherokee County, Iowa. The nearest larger town is Cherokee, approx. 10 miles Northwest with a population of around 5500 people. It has a couple of grocery stores, a theatre, a few restaurants, a health center and a hospital. It is the seat of the Cherokee County Fair. (County fairs are a big deal in Iowa) The nearest Wal-Mart is approximately 30 miles East in Storm Lake, a town of roughly 11,000. Quimby is a part of the River Valley Community School District, a small warm district with an Elementary School in Washta (<10 miles from Quimby) and a Middle/Senior High School in Correctionville (15 miles from Quimby).
- We participate with the Baptist Convention of Iowa and the Southern Baptist Convention.
- We have around 24 members with average weekly attendance of 30. We have weekly Sunday School, weekly worship gathering that includes prayer, singing and central focus of God’s Word. We have a weekly AWANA program on Wednesday evenings. Though Quimby is small, there are numerous other small towns within a 20 minute drive. We have members and attenders who drive from places like Cushing, Correctionville, Holstein, Cherokee, Marcus, Aurelia. All are neighboring towns without a Southern Baptist Church and some without a true Gospel witness period. There is ample opportunity for growth!
- We are committed to seeing the church grow in the fullness of Jesus. We want to be known as a people who seek to know Christ and make Him known, no matter the cost.
- We are a casual group many attend in jeans and a t-shirt.
- Our area of the country is heavily influenced by denominations such as the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), the United Methodist Church (UMC), The Missouri Synod Lutheran Church, the Roman Catholic Church, the Reformed and Dutch Reformed Churches and the Evangelical Free Church. Surrounding cities such as Storm Lake and Sioux City also have strong Islamic, Buddhist and Hindu populations, among many others. Make no mistake, Northwest Iowa is a mission field that needs faithful followers of Christ to be willing to share the Gospel. And we need a shepherd to lead us out!
- We need to see Spirit-led growth in personal and corporate evangelism. We need to see Spirit-led growth in discipleship among the people of the church.
- We need a shepherd who will walk with us gracefully and hold us accountable Biblically.
- We own our building as well as a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom parsonage, recently remodeled here in Quimby.
- Salary for the pastor would include $19,000 annually as well as residing in the parsonage. The pastor is responsible for all parsonage utilities that include electricity, propane and city fees (including water, trash, etc) and other technologies as deemed necessary by the pastor. There is no allowance for health insurance, retirement or other benefits. If needed, it is acceptable for the pastor to obtain employment outside of the church. (Bi-vocational)
To apply for this job please visit freesites.ourchurch.com.