Senior Pastor Full Time
Southwest Baptist Church
The Senior Pastor is called by the membership of SWBC. He serves as the primary preacher and staff leader. The focus of his teaching will be to build up and equip the body of believers at SWBC to do the work of Jesus Christ. His passion to know and glorify God should be apparent through his leadership and love of the staff, congregation, and community. He should be able to align the church with the Mission and Vision statement of the church and always be willing to preach the truth of the word.
We are seeking a man who has a proven record of being a theologically sound Bible-based teacher. This man should be an accomplished and effective communicator who is both relational and relatable. He will need to be a man with the ability to cast a unifying vision for SWBC. We are looking for a pastor who is skilled at empowering members to serve in roles of leadership within the body of Christ. He shall also be a man who is sensitive to the power of prayer in our personal lives and in a corporate context. He must have a minimum of 5 years of pastoral experience, and be a licensed and ordained minister of the Gospel. Having a Seminary Degree is preferred but not required.
- Lead Sunday morning worship, with church staff and lay participants, in a way that engages the congregation spiritually, intellectually, and emotionally, while also motivating commitment and action.
- Preach effective sermons that help congregants develop spiritually and relate faith and scripture to life.
- Plan weekly Sunday worship service, in conjunction with the Worship Leader.
- Lead in planning special services.
- Encourage the congregation to discern and develop their own spiritual gifts as well as their own leadership abilities, and motivate them to engage in the ministries to which they are called.
- Support and participate in Tuesday night’s Celebrate Recovery service.
- Pastoral Care
- He will conduct visits to hospitalized members, widows, and shut-ins and perform requested pastoral services (e.g. weddings, funerals) as appropriate.
- Minister to persons in crisis.
- Provide personal counseling within the parameters of his expertise, and make referrals to competent individuals/agencies outside the congregation when needed.
- Maintain and implement a plan for maintaining regular contact with church members.
- Do visitations, while encouraging others to be active in pastoral care.
- Represent SWBC and minister to the Bainbridge community
- Coordinate efforts in managing, evaluating, and expanding outreach programs.
- Contact potential members and visitors.
- Supervise all paid staff, and conduct quarterly staff evaluations in conjunction with the Personnel Committee.
- Hold staff accountable by regularly updating job descriptions.
- Motivate and train the Church to identify and utilize their spiritual gifts.
- Keep in regular communication with the congregation through church publications, emails, and other media forms.
- Work with the Elders to develop meeting agendas and attend the monthly Elders meeting.
- Work with the Leadership teams and Volunteers to organize and oversee the implementation of ministry objectives and responsibilities.
- Will assist with the church’s financial matters, such as advising on the annual church budget.
- He is accountable to God, the elders, and the congregation for his pastoral ministry, personal integrity, and spiritual maturity.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a job with a Southern Baptist church?
Enter your information to be notified as new jobs are posted.